Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Global B is unlocked with HPTuners

Sounds good, definitely a next spring project for me. Might have to bring the car down to you guys and just have it done in house.

...Anyway to eliminate the weird CVT sounding 3rd gear pull the A10 does?
Is that something they all do? My 3.0TT sometimes feels like 3rd is a little lazy. Hard to describe. It shifts to 3rd firmly, but then RPMs seem to lag a little and not increment in the same linear manner as other gears. The CVT analogy seems to be descriptive of what it does. I thought there might be something wrong with my transmission (or programming), but seeing this comment makes me think it's not just me.

Is that something they all do? My 3.0TT sometimes feels like 3rd is a little lazy. Hard to describe. It shifts to 3rd firmly, but then RPMs seem to lag a little and not increment in the same linear manner as other gears. The CVT analogy seems to be descriptive of what it does. I thought there might be something wrong with my transmission (or programming), but seeing this comment makes me think it's not just me.
I have no idea if it's normal, but there's at least 2 of us that it happens to so maybe it is? The sound is really amplified with the downpipe, drives me nuts.

That sounds like your torque converter is locking up after the upshift, causing the engine speed to decrease without an upshift.

And yes, we now have full access to all 2022 A10 TCMs. Some of the 2023s are cracked yet, but should be soon. Specifically, TCM service numbers 24043412, 24043414 and 24294753 are currently supported. TCM service number 24049788 is not yet supported.

That sounds like your torque converter is locking up after the upshift, causing the engine speed to decrease without an upshift.

And yes, we now have full access to all 2022 A10 TCMs. Some of the 2023s are cracked yet, but should be soon. Specifically, TCM service numbers 24043412, 24043414 and 24294753 are currently supported. TCM service number 24049788 is not yet supported.
Will have to look if that is a parameter that Pi Toolbox can see or just make a scanner log and look into it.

Interesting that means that 2022 and 2023 have different A10 tcms?

Also wondering if you're able to exaggerate/modify the popping on decel and upshifts with these tunes.

Also wondering if you're able to exaggerate/modify the popping on decel and upshifts with these tunes.
We can eliminate the upshift pops by disabling transmission torque management, but I wouldn't recommend that for a daily driver.

Will the ECM & TCM have to always be physically sent in and bench unlocked or will they eventually be able to be tuned through the OBDII port exclusively?

I know cars like 2021+ Supras and BMWs, etc. utilizing the Bosch MG1 ECM have to send their ECMs to FEMTO in Europe to be unlocked prior to tuning, but it’s still a little unsettling to for me to UPS out my ECM.

Will the ECM & TCM have to always be physically sent in and bench unlocked or will they eventually be able to be tuned through the OBDII port exclusively?

I know cars like 2021+ Supras and BMWs, etc. utilizing the Bosch MG1 ECM have to send their ECMs to FEMTO in Europe to be unlocked prior to tuning, but it’s still a little unsettling to for me to UPS out my ECM.
They need to be sent in to be unlocked initially. Once that's done, we can do all the tuning and data scanning via the OBD2 port.

Anyone having issues while tuning global b, keeps throwing codes
We've done a bunch of Global B tunes now. They don't set any codes when tuned properly.

If you're setting codes, feel free to send us a screen shot and we can assist with diagnosis. My direct email is ScottC@TapoutTuning.com.

How stout are these engines and transmissions, and will they hold up well to 700whp? I’m coming from Hellcats and they can easily take over 1000whp before you need to upgrade Eng/Trans. I know how its tuned and how you drive it is huge factor, I just want to get feel for the quality of these cars before modding.

I will likely just do plugs and jB4 to start so I can keep warranty for a while. Anyone running just jB4 and how do you like it?

How stout are these engines and transmissions, and will they hold up well to 700whp? I’m coming from Hellcats and they can easily take over 1000whp before you need to upgrade Eng/Trans. I know how its tuned and how you drive it is huge factor, I just want to get feel for the quality of these cars before modding.

I will likely just do plugs and jB4 to start so I can keep warranty for a while. Anyone running just jB4 and how do you like it?
This is all opinion here but it comes from an educated place. I've had two LT4 powered cars so far, and with all the forged internals and engineering that goes on I cannot see an issue with 800+ WHP. When you get to the 1000hp club, I'd imagine a lot would have to be changed but I am happy for someone to tell me it'll hold that no problem.

This is all opinion here but it comes from an educated place. I've had two LT4 powered cars so far, and with all the forged internals and engineering that goes on I cannot see an issue with 800+ WHP. When you get to the 1000hp club, I'd imagine a lot would have to be changed but I am happy for someone to tell me it'll hold that no problem.

Sorry I should have stated this is for the 4BW

Sorry

should have stated this is for the 4BW

This thread should give you an idea of what they can do: Tapout Tuned CT4-V Blackwing Hits Nines!

Last edited:
This thread should give you an idea of what they can do: Tapout Tuned CT4-V Blackwing Hits Nines!

Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to hear. I’m definitely going with Scott at tapout when the time comes to mod this beast. Very reassuring that they are over built like the Camaros and hellcats to handle a lot more power. Gotta say I’m very impressed with the ct4 bw abilities and they sound really good with downpipes for a v6.

Lt4’s can handle 1000hp no problem when tuned correctly.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back