Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Global B is unlocked with HPTuners

We can now tune both the ECM and TCM in cars equipped with A10 transmission.

Of course. I don't think his question was related to engine/transmission.

In the BMW/MB/Porsche world, there is an ability to modify many car behaviors (lights, windows, seating, etc) not controlled by ECU.

Any updates on early adopters?
Yep, enjoying my tunes! Got 93, 93+meth, and E45 tunes so far. It got rid of some of the quirks that come with piggyback tuning.

We shot a video with HP Tuners a few weeks ago when we were assisting with Global B testing, validation and calibration table locating. It gives you a neat overview of the product, and includes some cool action shots as well. Please ignore the black eye. I had a rough sparring session the night before. This just dropped this afternoon.

We shot a video with HP Tuners a few weeks ago when we were assisting with Global B testing, validation and calibration table locating. It gives you a neat overview of the product, and includes some cool action shots as well. Please ignore the black eye. I had a rough sparring session the night before. This just dropped this afternoon.

Very cool video! I know you have that car up to 715+whp now, but do you expect it to get up to the 750ish whp levels that ATS-V brown belts have?

Very cool video! I know you have that car up to 715+whp now, but do you expect it to get up to the 750ish whp levels that ATS-V brown belts have?
All Brown Belt ATS-Vs are in the 675 to 760 whp range, depending on many details, with the average being 715 whp. We expect CT4-V Blackwings to be right in that same range, and we're currently at 716 whp with our flagship car.

@WONT TAP , just curious. With Global B, are you able to tune just as easily as any previous ECM? As in, do you have access to just as many parameters as you did with the ATS-V, C7 Corvette, etc?

Is GM turning a blind eye also? I was under the impression that they could essentially access the modules on the car over the air. Do you have to somehow disable that access?

@WONT TAP , just curious. With Global B, are you able to tune just as easily as any previous ECM? As in, do you have access to just as many parameters as you did with the ATS-V, C7 Corvette, etc?

Is GM turning a blind eye also? I was under the impression that they could essentially access the modules on the car over the air. Do you have to somehow disable that access?
It took a TON of work to figure out which tables were missing, locate them, etc. But as of today, it appears we can pretty much do whatever we want.

We are not that concerned with GM's over the air updates. If they know what we're doing, they can choose to void our powertrain warranty. We believe you must be willing to pay if you want to play, so we're fine with that.

LMP just posted a YouTube video showing a BW5 with 679whp and 699wtq.

Only mods were a ported blower and the tune.

LMP just posted a YouTube video showing a BW5 with 679whp and 699wtq.

Only mods were a ported blower and the tune.
That power level is no problem at all with the CT5-V Blackwings. We did the very first one for HP Tuners a couple months ago. Far more important than the peak power are the gains in the middle of the powerband. You can see here that we picked up 135 whp and 135 wtq at 5,250 rpm, right where it counts the most.

CT5-V Blackwing before and after tuning.png

Nice eye, I've had a few of those! Sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail!

It was stated before that headers without a tune would only help with the sound of the BW5. I have done the porting and tb so I'm wondering if I should just have her tuned now or go the header/pulley route prior to the tune?

That power level is no problem at all with the CT5-V Blackwings. We did the very first one for HP Tuners a couple months ago. Far more important than the peak power are the gains in the middle of the powerband. You can see here that we picked up 135 whp and 135 wtq at 5,250 rpm, right where it counts the most.

View attachment 20153
That's where the money's at right there. Very nice!

So does this allow you guys at Tapout to do remote custom tunes or do they come preloaded with maps? Had a hell of a time getting a shop just to install basic bolt ons on my CT4BW, can't imagine finding someone to custom tune it. American shops around here say they only touch V8s and the import ones say they don't do American cars.

So does this allow you guys at Tapout to do remote custom tunes or do they come preloaded with maps? Had a hell of a time getting a shop just to install basic bolt ons on my CT4BW, can't imagine finding someone to custom tune it. American shops around here say they only touch V8s and the import ones say they don't do American cars.
Yes, we are doing Global B tunes remotely every day now. That's no problem at all. When you order, we will provide detailed instructions, and help to make the process as smooth as possible.

Yes, we are doing Global B tunes remotely every day now. That's no problem at all. When you order, we will provide detailed instructions, and help to make the process as smooth as possible.

What kind of gains are you guys seeing over JB4 blue belt tuned cars? Are we able to eliminate the CEL completely for catless downpipes with this? Is it worth going with the full carbon fiber airbox over just the green filters now that the car can be tuned properly?

What kind of gains are you guys seeing over JB4 blue belt tuned cars? Are we able to eliminate the CEL completely for catless downpipes with this? Is it worth going with the full carbon fiber airbox over just the green filters now that the car can be tuned properly?
With HP Tuners, the tuning is much more sophisticated in every way. Your peak power number may only be slightly higher than with JB4, but that's also the least important factor. With HP Tuners, your entire powerband will be smoother, broader and more predictable. We can properly tune for any and all mods (including the intake lid, ported throttle body, downpipes, camshafts, turbos, etc.). This means you will have perfect drivability and no check engine lights. And your boost gauge will even read correctly as well.

With HP Tuners, the tuning is much more sophisticated in every way. Your peak power number may only be slightly higher than with JB4, but that's also the least important factor. With HP Tuners, your entire powerband will be smoother, broader and more predictable. We can properly tune for any and all mods (including the intake lid, ported throttle body, downpipes, camshafts, turbos, etc.). This means you will have perfect drivability and no check engine lights. And your boost gauge will even read correctly as well.
Sounds good, definitely a next spring project for me. Might have to bring the car down to you guys and just have it done in house.

How does the transmission tuning work on these? I've had previous DCT cars tuned and it increases clutch clamping force, but never seen an auto trans tune. Anyway to eliminate the weird CVT sounding 3rd gear pull the A10 does?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back