Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Getting started

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
Found this new V-series forum and thought I'd get it started.
I've got a 2011 V Wagon that's 10 months old now. Love it.
Crystal red, 6-sp manual trans.
It's all stock - except that I added a spare tire kit from EuroDesigns. Didn't like the idea of driving a car without a spare and not having run-flat tires.

I had a 2004 CTS V before and had been considering a new V2 when they came out but I needed/wanted the ability to put my mountain bikes inside the car. Seems that the V2 sedan does not have (did not have?) a fold down rear seat, so I kept the V1. Then back in 2010, GM released pictures of a V wagon that might be available in 2011. That got me talking with my sales manager and the regional Caddy rep.

The Caddy rep came through by getting my dealer an allocation for the V wagon (my dealer is not the largest in the area and was not initially on the V wagon allocation list). The allocation came in and I signed the order. That was September 2010. My "Little Red Wagon" was one of the first V wagons built and the first sold in Oklahoma. Sold my V1 and can't be happier. My Vagon hauls my mountain bikes, hardware, groceries, grand kids and A$$.

What a great car! :D

Last edited:
Hi Tuna,

The place still has that "new forum" smell. On your older V, did you get tired of axle hop?

Howdy,
Glad you're here as I needed someone else to talk to. See if you can get some more to join us here.

The axle hop was a real problem at first with the old V and I learned not to hard launch it or power shift into second. I never did any modifications to fix it but when I got rid of the SuperCar tires and installed F1 GS D3's, the wheel hop was virtually gone. I figure the combination of the SuperCar tire and the V1 suspension created the conditions for the wheel hop and the D3 tire, with a little less or different traction, broke the connection and eliminated most of the hop.

You got to love the fact that 25 years from now, no one is even going to remember a stick shift, high performance Caddy, let alone a hp Caddy wagon. Kudos to you for choosing a stick wagon.

Thanks. Stick shifts are just more fun to drive - for me.
25 years ago I sold my Hemi Roadrunner - auto - most folks don't know what a 'real' Hemi is these days.

The place still has that "new forum" smell.

Still does it seems.

I see a lot of guests visiting when I'm here but very few new posts. This forum could use some activity.

If you're new here, introduce yourself and tell us about yourself and your car(s).
If you're looking for answers, ask the questions.

I've been a car guy all my life it seems. My dad was a mechanic and owned a small auto repair shop, so I started working on cars long before I could drive then. I've owned a few interesting cars also - not just the "Vs". Since I got my driver's license back in '66 during the old muscle car era, I had to have a muscle car. A short list of personal performance cars followed:
'69 R/T Charger 440
'69 Hemi Roadrunner (426, twin 4-barrel)
'85 Grand National Buick (first of the modern muscle)
Then I got into Vettes: '92 Vette, '96 Vette, '03 Vette, '06 Vette, '08 Vette (still have this one)
My wife had a '93 Vette and '98 Vette. She considered the '03 and '06 as hers as we usually had 2 in the garage.
In 2004, I bought my V1 - Darth V - black CTS V
In 2010, I sold the V1 and bought the V Wagon.
My wife and I like cars.
Last year, we sold the '06 Vette and got a '12 Volt - interesting little electric car with a gas generator to keep it going when the battery gets low.

I'm on the Corvette Action Center forum (thanks Rob) and the GM-Volt forum along with this forum. Just look for Tuna.
I like to talk cars, show cars, drive cars and generally have fun with cars.

Now it's your turn!

Brian from Elkhart Lake, WI. So I've been driving a 2008 STS-V, which I love, but I have recently been window shopping around the 2012 CTS Wagons, which I've really liked. What's the overall opinion? The one I drove was incredible.

Brian from Elkhart Lake, WI. So I've been driving a 2008 STS-V, which I love, but I have recently been window shopping around the 2012 CTS Wagons, which I've really liked. What's the overall opinion? The one I drove was incredible.
Welcome aboard Brian!

"Incredible" about sums it up on the Vagon. I love mine!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back