Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front plates help

Tabman

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 Blackwing
Unfortunately, MD requires front tags.

Has anyone done this yet and has a picture to share?

I'm thinking the $50 fine, when caught, might just be the better way to go...

Your thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

@Tabman As an alternative to screwing the mounting bracket into the bumper, @SVTnSTi bought a EOS mount for a Chevy Equinox which worked with some minor mods.

Though he has a 5BW but probably fits the 4BW just the same. It screws into the tow hook which is accessible when you pop out the little plate on the front bumper (pic of 5BW below).

1635600816502.png

Unfortunately, MD requires front tags.

Has anyone done this yet and has a picture to share?

I'm thinking the $50 fine, when caught, might just be the better way to go...

Your thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.
Same for California and I would NOT let them drill into the front bumper. I'll take my chances.

@Tabman As an alternative to screwing the mounting bracket into the bumper, @SVTnSTi bought a EOS mount for a Chevy Equinox which worked with some minor mods.

Though he has a 5BW but probably fits the 4BW just the same. It screws into the tow hook which is accessible when you pop out the little plate on the front bumper (pic of 5BW below).

View attachment 5431
Thank you. I appreciate the suggestion.

My son used to live in NJ and had several different sports cars (Audi RS3, Focus RS and some other stuff). Never had a front tag and does a lot of driving. Upwards of 30K a year or more. He was only stopped once and the officer let him go with a verbal warning. 50 bucks, I'd take the chance unless you get stopped and ticketed often.

I lived in Maryland for years and drove many cars without a front plate. As long as you're not doing anything to attract attention, you are very unlikely to get pulled over for it.

Now, that said, some municipalities will let meter maids issue no-front-plate tickets. They will, and with impunity. So be aware of that if you park in public spaces.

I live In MD. It’s $80 fine. No points. In the past 6 years I got 2 tickets. We pay thousands for carbon fiber and other cosmetics. That’s a small fee to pay for the car to look much better.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners