Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front Bucket Seat Bolsters

Nihsnek

Has anyone found a vendor that makes side/bottom bolster covers for the high-performance bucket seats in the CT5-V Blackwing? My leather is already getting worn at 1,000 miles even though I'm super careful when getting in/out of the seat.

Has anyone found a vendor that makes side/bottom bolster covers for the high-performance bucket seats in the CT5-V Blackwing? My leather is already getting worn at 1,000 miles even though I'm super careful when getting in/out of the seat.
That's why I ordered the base seats. The fancy seats looked very vulnerable to the issue you bring up. Hope you find a good solution.

4000+ miles on my SA seats and they look new. I only weigh 150 LBs so that might help. I would never skip out on premium seats for fear of how they wear, and in no way find them "vulnerable".

4000+ miles on my SA seats and they look new. I only weigh 150 LBs so that might help. I would never skip out on premium seats for fear of how they wear, and in no way find them "vulnerable".
My bigger problem was I weight 250 LBs and felt like a sardine when I sat in those seats. I'm sure very comfortable for you.

Im 5'10 180lbs and find the base seats way more comfortable than the upgrades

The base seats are way more comfortable but don't look as good....
Marisa Tomei Movie GIF

The base seats are great. The ATS-V had great performance seats that were comfortable and held you in place. They also looked good. The performance seats in the Blackwing are uncomfortable. GM missed the mark by not making a comfortable performance seat.

A comfortable performance seat is the base seat and personally I think it looks great

The base seats are great. The ATS-V had great performance seats that were comfortable and held you in place. They also looked good. The performance seats in the Blackwing are uncomfortable. GM missed the mark by not making a comfortable performance seat.

You don't find the mid tier seats comfortable?

I have the mid tier seats and spent about 3 hours in them yesterday and had no comfort issues. I'm 5'11" and 225 with a 46" chest and 36" waist, so not huge, but bigger than normal

I have the mid tier seats and spent about 3 hours in them yesterday and had no comfort issues. I'm 5'11" and 225 with a 46" chest and 36" waist, so not huge, but bigger than normal
How are the mid tier seats different from the base seats?

How are the mid tier seats different from the base seats?

The mid tier seats use the same seat base as the top tier seats. But they use cloth instead of leather and they don't have the message function or cooling function. The seat pad under the material is softer and the seat itself has a bit more give. So you get the better bolstering of the premium seats but you get a comfort level that is very similar to the base seats. Assuming the person isn't being bothered by the larger bolsters themselves and just the seating surface.

I've had 3 different 4BW owners sit in my seats during track days who had the top tier seats. All of them found the mid tier seats much more comfortable. The downside is that they only come in 1 color, the rear seats don't get matched and you don't get the nicer headliner and pillar material. From a pricing stand point, they're pretty expensive for what you get. Considering what you generally get from other vehicles for that price point.

I have also noticed some wear marks on my drivers seat. I'm 5'10-200lbs and have the sky cool grey seats. First thing people say at car shows....... "I love the interior". I have been on Amazon looking for seat bottom covers and haven't found anything I like. I may go to an upholsterer and get something made.

The mid tier seats use the same seat base as the top tier seats. But they use cloth instead of leather and they don't have the message function or cooling function. The seat pad under the material is softer and the seat itself has a bit more give. So you get the better bolstering of the premium seats but you get a comfort level that is very similar to the base seats. Assuming the person isn't being bothered by the larger bolsters themselves and just the seating surface.
Cloth??? No all blackwing interior seats are leather and the massage and cooling function is standard across the blackwing line

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back