Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Floating at higher speeds?

Totally agree. On track, regardless of speed, it doesn’t happen. Has to have something to do with the frequency of driver input. Were you at Waterford Hills track day last weekend? I was supposed to be there but had a schedule conflict. I let my son take mine and he said he may have met you.

Totally agree. On track, regardless of speed, it doesn’t happen. Has to have something to do with the frequency of driver input. Were you at Waterford Hills track day last weekend? I was supposed to be there but had a schedule conflict. I let my son take mine and he said he may have met you.
Yep, that was me.

Anyone noticed an occasional vague feeling from the electronic steering system? Most notable at highway speeds where it feels like your steering wheel input isn’t felt by the car until all the sudden the car wakes up and gives you almost more electronic assist and output than you were looking for. At times I have felt like this, in addition to pavement irregularities, makes my car feel loose or floaty that I’m sure would be amplified by higher speeds.
Thank goodness someone else pointed this out!! I thought I was going crazy that it felt this way. Mine also does the exact same thing. It definitely feels like something in the electronic steering system.

way to include the gps map of your 'mexico'(ie normal drive to wherever you go all the time), dingleberry
Rage Against the Machine feels appropriate

Attachments

• 296169116_1189883118533190_4496212252339204832_n.jpg
    296169116_1189883118533190_4496212252339204832_n.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 100
My 5BW with CF1/2 has been rock solid on track up to 160 MPH - no floating other than the normal lightness you get cresting the hill at 150+ on the VIR back straight. I'd check your alignment as I had messed up my rear toe (I had toe out) and you could feel that as a looseness at turn-in (and on corner exit).

I do agree that there is a slightly odd sensation just off center. Have you ever done that experiment where hold a spinning wheel on a rod between your hands and then you try to turn it? It's like that. I have the track alignment on my car and caster isn't adjustable. I wonder if it's not enough or too much caster?

Also, my car has the CCBs and I wonder if it's something with the steering calibration and the lower sprung mass?

I noticed this as well. Car lifts and kinda points to the right. Caught me off guard accelerating hard on the freeway. Felt a little floaty. Steering setting maxed out suspension middle. Wonder if I had full track mode on what it would do?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back