Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First week+ with CT4-V Blackwing

668LT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
450 miles, getting closer to opening those RPMs (FYI for 6MT owners, there is no limiter on the manuals, and it is super easy to slip over 4500). General comments:

- I like the outside much more than it appears in photos. I have always preferred the 5 on both ends, but this 4 is not so bad
- the 6 speed is solid and precise. Almost 25 years since I have daily driven a manual, and I feel like I have had this one forever. It is plain awesome.
- the car settings really are easy to discern, and really make great differences in the ride. I don't have the smoothest road to work, and the tour suspension is really compliant. Stiffen your suspension, brakes, or steering, and it is immediately apparent.
- V6 sound - so much more natural than BMW's S58. I am a huge fan of that motor and would take it over the LF4 any day, but the Caddy sounds way better.
- steering wheel - perfect for me. Looks great, buttons are intuitive and easy to operate, proper thickness. I might have ordered the suede version, but am very glad my car has leather. I'm afraid for me the novelty of suede would quickly wear off.
- massaging seats work great. I watched a review where the guy said they are like nothing... perhaps on plumper people the rollers can't get into the muscles. 5'-7" 140 here, I do not have that problem and in fact find setting 3 too much, so I use 1 or 2.
- audio better than expected, with one MAJOR gripe on interface. I have a few old ipods loaded with thousands of my favorite artists, and I keep these plugged in as direct sources. In my 2020 Sierra, I can easily navigate using a letter search for artist, song, whatever. The Caddy disables the browse function while driving. That is nauseating. It's OK to fiddle with all the other technical crap, but not allowing the driver to pull up a favorite song with 2 or 3 touches could kill people apparently.
- no surround view camera - small car and no biggie, but I still think this is a poor decision by the brand. Probably costs $100 to build in, I would happily pay $1000+ for the camera system in my truck (and I think it is the same on the 5).
- Shadow Metallic - I was always torn between it and Rift. I can't be happier with Shadow, the car looks very sinister and stealth with black wheels. Absolutely awesome.

That's all I have for now. When you consider the 4 starts under 60k - it is amazing that you can get all of the ride and performance at that number. Mine has 10k of options (basically everything except carbon and a sunroof) and I would not trade them, but for budget customers, the car at 60k has no equal anywhere. Bravo, Cadillac.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 256
The higher you get away from the $60k start of the this car, the higher expectations. My car is a ramen noodles build with a $62k MSRP and its a good way to go. You have less expectations for material quality than seeing an $75k MSRP. The good news, the stuff that makes the car great is baked in at the base price.

The higher you get away from the $60k start of the this car, the higher expectations. My car is a ramen noodles build with a $62k MSRP and its a good way to go. You have less expectations for material quality than seeing an $75k MSRP. The good news, the stuff that makes the car great is baked in at the base price.
Absolutely agree. As stated, I wanted the upgraded seats, PDR, climate, and a few other things, but none of those enhance the driving experience. Also as I have stated, I find the interior quality much more acceptable at this price level. When I look at virtually the identical interior on a 5 that starts closer to 85k, I absolutely expect much more. I made the mistake of sitting in a 2022 M4, and the interior is to die for compared to these Cadillacs.

Absolutely agree. As stated, I wanted the upgraded seats, PDR, climate, and a few other things, but none of those enhance the driving experience. Also as I have stated, I find the interior quality much more acceptable at this price level. When I look at virtually the identical interior on a 5 that starts closer to 85k, I absolutely expect much more. I made the mistake of sitting in a 2022 M4, and the interior is to die for compared to these Cadillacs.
Exterior looks aside, when I option a base M3 to mirror an no option 4BMW, its a $10-15k delta. That gets you a nicer interior hehe. My friends M3 Comp has a higher MSRP than at least half of the 5BWs I have seen haha.

450 miles, getting closer to opening those RPMs (FYI for 6MT owners, there is no limiter on the manuals, and it is super easy to slip over 4500). General comments:

- I like the outside much more than it appears in photos. I have always preferred the 5 on both ends, but this 4 is not so bad
- the 6 speed is solid and precise. Almost 25 years since I have daily driven a manual, and I feel like I have had this one forever. It is plain awesome.
- the car settings really are easy to discern, and really make great differences in the ride. I don't have the smoothest road to work, and the tour suspension is really compliant. Stiffen your suspension, brakes, or steering, and it is immediately apparent.
- V6 sound - so much more natural than BMW's S58. I am a huge fan of that motor and would take it over the LF4 any day, but the Caddy sounds way better.
- steering wheel - perfect for me. Looks great, buttons are intuitive and easy to operate, proper thickness. I might have ordered the suede version, but am very glad my car has leather. I'm afraid for me the novelty of suede would quickly wear off.
- massaging seats work great. I watched a review where the guy said they are like nothing... perhaps on plumper people the rollers can't get into the muscles. 5'-7" 140 here, I do not have that problem and in fact find setting 3 too much, so I use 1 or 2.
- audio better than expected, with one MAJOR gripe on interface. I have a few old ipods loaded with thousands of my favorite artists, and I keep these plugged in as direct sources. In my 2020 Sierra, I can easily navigate using a letter search for artist, song, whatever. The Caddy disables the browse function while driving. That is nauseating. It's OK to fiddle with all the other technical crap, but not allowing the driver to pull up a favorite song with 2 or 3 touches could kill people apparently.
- no surround view camera - small car and no biggie, but I still think this is a poor decision by the brand. Probably costs $100 to build in, I would happily pay $1000+ for the camera system in my truck (and I think it is the same on the 5).
- Shadow Metallic - I was always torn between it and Rift. I can't be happier with Shadow, the car looks very sinister and stealth with black wheels. Absolutely awesome.

That's all I have for now. When you consider the 4 starts under 60k - it is amazing that you can get all of the ride and performance at that number. Mine has 10k of options (basically everything except carbon and a sunroof) and I would not trade them, but for budget customers, the car at 60k has no equal anywhere. Bravo, Cadillac.
The lack of surround view camera was the reason I passed on the 4. After owning a vehicle with this system it is hard to do without.

Looks amazing. Glad to hear the audio is at least decent.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the car. I had ordered my C8 with a suede steering wheel and suede inserts. That convinced me to pick the leather this time.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the car. I had ordered my C8 with a suede steering wheel and suede inserts. That convinced me to pick the leather this time.
😬Tell me more. My BW is coming with suede. Would not have been my first choice.

😬Tell me more. My BW is coming with suede. Would not have been my first choice.
I have a suede wheel (quality Sparco) in my evo that I've put around 5000 miles on and it's very noticeably worn. I think a manufacturer will recommend wearing race gloves that are a mated texture for suede. It feels nice on the hands, but it seemed like the C8 wheel was close enough to the Sparco that the same thing would happen.

I have a suede wheel (quality Sparco) in my evo that I've put around 5000 miles on and it's very noticeably worn. I think a manufacturer will recommend wearing race gloves that are a mated texture for suede. It feels nice on the hands, but it seemed like the C8 wheel was close enough to the Sparco that the same thing would happen.
Yeah. Well, I'm certainly not going to put on gloves every time I drive. I'll talk to my detailer and see if they have any recommendations.

Yeah. Well, I'm certainly not going to put on gloves every time I drive. I'll talk to my detailer and see if they have any recommendations.
Someone on here once said if you just keep the wheel clean it should hold up.....The suede wheel in my sons Camaro looks like total hell but he does not really care for it...

I had the suede on my V3 and loved it. It looked fine after 30k miles but I kept it clean.

So you're saying that skipping the 4 and going for the 5 was based on a camera and not the extra 200 HP? Not sure I believe you! 🤔
I'm getting a 4 so I'm accepting the lack of surround view, but after having one in my current car it gave me serious pause as to whether I wanted to give it up. As stupid as it sounds, if you're particular about parking and get used to having one, it's like the best piece of modern car technology IMO

The camera is in no way a "game changer" for me. I know how to drive and how to park and I don't hit things. I just feel on a Cadillac it should be standard, that's all. I would never choose between these 2 case based upon that detail.

Doesn’t matter if you do, or not.
Well that's true. But I have to agree with @668LT4 here...I have been sucessfully parking cars without electronic aids for the past 30+ years, a camera is nice but I can't for the life of me see it being a "game changer". I mean, just look out the windows. 🤷‍♂️

I'll readily admit - and I doubt I am the first - the main reason I want the CT5-V Blackwing is the supercharged V8. I also have a preference for its more muscular aesthetics. Otherwise the 4 really suits me better, particularly the size.

But Ill give Snowwolfe credit, he has to be the only guy who went with the 5 since the 4 did not have the surround camera.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back