Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First come first served.

Vee

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Question was answered and I don’t know how to delete the thread lol.

Last edited:
Did you sign paperwork saying the deposit was non-refundable? Have you tried asking the dealer yet? It would seem they could move it and might want to create a good relationship for your next car?

Reactions: Vee
Did your dealer already agree to a transfer to another customer at MSRP?

This topic has come up a few times on this forum and the basic consensus is that as the person who ordered the car, you don't own it, the dealer does. So if you don't accept your order the dealer is free to sell it to whoever they want at whatever price they want. My recollection could be wrong, but I think in most of those situations the dealer did not accept a transfer to another person for the same MSRP.

I think your best option is to ask to see if the dealer will give your 2500 dollars back and you walk away. Even though its a non refundable deposit, it's actually financially better for the dealer to pay you to walk away because they will be able to easily recoup that in ADM when they sell the in stock car.

If yours was a manual I'd say another option to not lose money and possibly make some money would just be to take possession and sell it. In months past it would have been a safe bet to not lose any money and make a few thousand dollars off of the deal. However the used market for autos isn't quite as strong.

Last edited:
If you don’t want the car, you will not be able to broker who gets it. It’s the dealers allocation and car for that matter. Try and get you deposit back and walk away.

If you don’t want the car, you will not be able to broker who gets it. It’s the dealers allocation and car for that matter. Try and get you deposit back and walk away.
Roger that, I was misunderstood! Thank you!

Did your dealer already agree to a transfer to another customer at MSRP?

This topic has come up a few times on this forum and the basic consensus is that as the person who ordered the car, you don't own it, the dealer does. So if you don't accept your order the dealer is free to sell it to whoever they want at whatever price they want. My recollection could be wrong, but I think in most of those situations the dealer did not accept a transfer to another person for the same MSRP.

I think your best option is to ask to see if the dealer will give your 2500 dollars back and you walk away. Even though its a non refundable deposit, it's actually financially better for the dealer to pay you to walk away because they will be able to easily recoup that in ADM when they sell the in stock car.

If yours was a manual I'd say another option to not lose money and possibly make some money would just be to take possession and sell it. In months past it would have been a safe bet to not lose any money and make a few thousand dollars off of the deal. However the used market for autos isn't quite as strong.
Thank you! I will try to talk to them some more.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back