Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally brought her home !!

CT5-V Model

CBH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT5 Blackwing w/ Clutch
It was earlier than I expected, but picked up my car today. Red with gray seats, and a manual transmission.

Cadillac_Rusty_Bridge.jpg

It is pretty great to finally be an official member of the owners club !!

I really wish the photo did it justice. The color looks washed out, but in person, its rich and vivid. Dealer did a good job detailing it. The car positively glowed when I picked it up. Every surface was a mirror.

Driving-wise, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I have had a Camaro ZL1 1LE since last summer. That is an amazing vehicle and reminded of what its like to have a phenomenal car. I was one of the first kids on the block to get a 5th gen Camaro when they came out, and I loved that car. I had the mufflers chopped off that car the morning after I picked it up, and it was the absolute perfect soundtrack.

The Caddie is basically just an adult version of the ZL1. Nearly identical drivetrain, but there were more differences than I expected. ZL1 has way more blower whine. I could not even notice it in the Caddy. And the Caddy does not have an exhaust sound setting separate from the driving mode. The Camaro lets you independently make it loud all the time. And its significantly louder than the Caddy. But the V-Button is the bomb. The Camaro makes you fiddle with a silly button hidden behind the shifter to cycle through all the modes.........every time you crank it.

I stopped at 2 different muffler shops today. The first flatly turned me down, saying there was not enough room to put a regular muffler on the quiet side.

Another shop just couldn't do custom work, so my quest continues.

The sound is literally the whole reason I bought the car. The adjustability is intriguing, since I can see where the sedan may have occasions where it would be nice to tone down the music (phone call comes in or car is full of people).

Now I can schedule Spring Mountain !!

Congrats!

It was earlier than I expected, but picked up my car today. Red with gray seats, and a manual transmission.

View attachment 16974

I really wish the photo did it justice. The color looks washed out, but in person, its rich and vivid. Dealer did a good job detailing it. The car positively glowed when I picked it up. Every surface was a mirror.

Driving-wise, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I have had a Camaro ZL1 1LE since last summer. That is an amazing vehicle and reminded of what its like to have a phenomenal car. I was one of the first kids on the block to get a 5th gen Camaro when they came out, and I loved that car. I had the mufflers chopped off that car the morning after I picked it up, and it was the absolute perfect soundtrack.

The Caddie is basically just an adult version of the ZL1. Nearly identical drivetrain, but there were more differences than I expected. ZL1 has way more blower whine. I could not even notice it in the Caddy. And the Caddy does not have an exhaust sound setting separate from the driving mode. The Camaro lets you independently make it loud all the time. And its significantly louder than the Caddy. But the V-Button is the bomb. The Camaro makes you fiddle with a silly button hidden behind the shifter to cycle through all the modes.........every time you crank it.

I stopped at 2 different muffler shops today. The first flatly turned me down, saying there was not enough room to put a regular muffler on the quiet side.

The sound is literally the whole reason I bought the car. The adjustability is intriguing, since I can see where the sedan may have occasions where it would be nice to tone down the music (phone call comes in or car is full of people).

Congratulations!

Congrats and great color combo. Check the "my mode" setting. You can manually adjust different things including exhaust and will stay in my mode upon later start ups.

View attachment 16974

Congrats!

Similar to my assessment as well. In fact, I specifically went after a Blackwing because I think the Alpha chassis is the best work GM has done.

It’s a ZL1 with 4 doors and better interior.

BTW - you absolutely can adjust all settings independent of drive modes. ‘My Mode’ and ‘V-mode’ are your friends.

My preferences for My Mode:
Steering in tour, suspension in sport, brakes in tour, exhaust in Track.

The car is likely louder than you realize. GM uses active noise cancelation inside the cabin which is why you don't hear the supercharger but outside people can hear it. Put the car track and crack the windows when you thru and under-pass or tunnel and you'll hear a lot more.

I'm not sure an aftermarket exhaust will make much difference inside if active noise cancelation is still running?

View attachment 16974

Congratulations sir!

That looks like the one in Bee Cave. I saw it on their website and had my eye on it but knew it had to be spoken for. Congrats!

Thanks guys.

I'll keep y'all posted on the exhaust. I know most people don't want it as loud as I'll go.

I love the color too. I expected the red calipers to be much brighter, but they're very close to the same color as the car.

You're right about the 4 door ZL1. I had VETT45 (Corvette for 5 people) on my 5th-Gen Camaro. But there were no spaces so nobody got it. I checked and that is not available !!! I cannot believe somebody else wanted that........

The other thing is the comfy ride. The 1LE package could just as well be called the fabled De Sade option that everybody joked about for the Grand Marquis. The non-adjustable race suspension is brutally punishing. Probably great for perfectly smooth tracks, but unlivable in daily driving.

Thanks for the driving mode tips. I saw V and My modes, and did not understand how they could be different.

So My Mode persists across ignition cycles ?!?!?!

Tour mode is the default for a key cycle unless you are previously in My Mode or Sport, they will persist.

Thanks guys.

I'll keep y'all posted on the exhaust. I know most people don't want it as loud as I'll go.

I love the color too. I expected the red calipers to be much brighter, but they're very close to the same color as the car.

You're right about the 4 door ZL1. I had VETT45 (Corvette for 5 people) on my 5th-Gen Camaro. But there were no spaces so nobody got it. I checked and that is not available !!! I cannot believe somebody else wanted that........

The other thing is the comfy ride. The 1LE package could just as well be called the fabled De Sade option that everybody joked about for the Grand Marquis. The non-adjustable race suspension is brutally punishing. Probably great for perfectly smooth tracks, but unlivable in daily driving.

Thanks for the driving mode tips. I saw V and My modes, and did not understand how they could be different.

So My Mode persists across ignition cycles ?!?!?!

Congratulations! Hope you like the drive by comparison to your zl1.

as far as the engine sound It's loud outside. You roll the windows down and redline it in a tunnel and your ears will ring. It's got a lot of insulation and noise cancelling.

You could just take the mufflers off and straight pipe it, there's always room for that👍🏻.

There is also a plate riveted in the inside of the supercharger lid which deadens the sound, you could pull it off and that would make it whine. Also there's prob an intake you may be able to get.

View attachment 16974

congrats and welcome to the 'owners' club!'

Congratulations! Great color choice! Kooks exhaust will take care of the itch that you have for a louder exhaust note!

View attachment 16974

Thread 'CT-5 BW Exhaust - Pre Production' CT-5 BW Exhaust - Pre Production

Plus the headers I think you'll be happy with this.

Thanks for the tip. I wrote that vendor but haven't heard back. Still looking for a local shop too. There are typically lots of (expensive) aftermarket choices, but i'm getting a little worried now.

I also just realized the quiet and loud sides are reversed from the ZL1, so I bet cat-backs for that car will not work on the Caddy. :(

Kooks now has headers for the BW5. Very soon they will have a cat-back system as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back