Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Finally a V owner!

GAM8L3R

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2005 CTS-V
Hello Everyone,

I have been a Cadillac lover since the inception of the CTS and have ALWAYS loved the V series. I convinced the wife to let me indulge myself (at the expense of a higher paying job) and get my first CTS earlier in the year. I first bought an '03 to make sure that I would love it as much as I had hoped- I DID. I then got a 2009 CTS a couple of months later. It is very nice and fully loaded, but still missing a little something. Then, after searching for a while, and getting burnt a couple of times, I was able to find a great deal on an '05 V. I know its not the latest and greatest, but it is my trophy car and I am super happy with it. With all 3 of them, I can everything that I need and at 30 years old, I have plenty of time to step up to the V2 and V3. I hope to pick up some good info here and eventually be able to give some out.

Congrats on the '05 CTS-V and welcome to the Cadillac V-Net! :blinzel:

Thank you. I am hoping that this Forum is a little more V1 friendly than some of the others. I know that its an older car, but hey, you gotta start somewhere!

Glad you like your V1! :wink:
I owned an '04 V1 for 6 years and really liked it. Back then, people didn't know what it was so it was a real surprise when I jumped on someone.

The only issues I had with my V1 were the tires and the rear differential bushing.

I ate up a couple of sets of the OEM GY SuperCar tires in two years then I went to as set to GY F1 D3 RunFlats one size larger and they were still on the car when I sold it. Finding long lasting runflat tires in the V1 size was difficult - not sure what it's like now. I imagine that you probably have regular tires on your V1 now instead of the run flats as there are more options that way.

The rear pumpkin bushing wore out after about 5 years and 45K miles and I started getting a clunk getting in and out of the throttle and shifting gears. The price for the bushing was reasonable but the labor to replace was awful. The whole rear differential carrier has to be dropped to replace the bushing. Seems to be a common problem with the V1.

Oh yeah, with the original SuperCar tires, I got a lot of wheel hop when I launched it. Changing out to the F1 D3 improved that a lot but I watched how hard I launched it anyway. There were fixes released for the wheel hop but I never had any of them installed because the different tires solved most of that for me.

Enjoy.
:wave:

Thank you

I appreciate the welcome and the advice. I've actually found that with the V2 and V3 being more popular it's tough finding people talking about the 1 that started it all. I'm a true V enthusiast, but with 3 young kids, it's not the most financially practical for me right now. I plan on being this cars last owner and will move up the ladder as time passes.

I'm actually having the entire rear end rebuilt and am lucky enough to have a GM certified tech for a brother and my Dad is the general manager of a Chevy dealer. I plan on a few modest mods but mostly want to just enjoy my trophy.

Thanks again!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners