Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Factory Line Locks?

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I should probably preface with *I know, I know...* line locks on a street car have no practical purpose other than hooliganism...I get it. I'm not advocating for irresponsible behavior in any way, but I seem to recall reading that the BW was coming some sort of setup for custom launch control and I was curious if anyone knew how this was supposed to work. A couple quick curiosities if anyone knows the answers:

- Does the launch control come on the 6MT?
- How do you enable/set/release the launch (like, what buttons, pedal presses/releases, etc.)

I'm one of the lucky 250 to have a reservation for a CT4-V BW, and I'd like to make sure I set an appropriate budget for rear tires.

Just copying from the ats-v manual:

Launch Control is a form of traction control that manages tire spin while launching the vehicle to help achieve high levels of vehicle acceleration in a straight line. It is intended for use during closed course race events where consistent 0-to-60 and quarter-mile times are desired.
Launch Control is automatically activated when the vehicle is in Track mode and any of the five Performance Traction Management modes are activated.
MANUAL TRANSMISSION (ATS-V ONLY)
To use Launch Control with a manual transmission, depress
the clutch pedal, select 1st gear, press the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle, and then release the clutch pedal while fully pressing the accelerator pedal.
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (ATS-V AND CTS-V)
To use Launch Control with an automatic transmission, firmly
depress the brake pedal, press the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle, and then release the brake pedal while fully press- ing the accelerator pedal.

If it's anything like the set up on my ZL1 1LE, by the time that it takes you to activate it, the light will have turned green an you'll be left behind. ;shrug

LOL! So per the manual, basically just rev the motor to the moon and then dump the clutch?! :bu

I mean... I get that everyone has different reaction times and clutch engagement techniques, but where's the 'control' aspect of it? Is there some way to tell the car "Hey, I'm about to smoke some tires here... Get ready."?

Also, aren't line locks basically the opposite of launch control?

Here we go. This is the picture I saw. Straight from Cadillac's CT4-V BW Website. (Green highlighting mine)

1619711278698.png

What happens if you try to use this feature? And is it available in the 6MT?

When you have launch control enabled, the engine holds at 3500 rpm ish on the ATS, despite the pedal being floored. Not sure if you’re supposed to dump the clutch or steadily release it though.

Remember too that the BW has the performance traction management dial on the steering wheel (with the upgraded wheel), it should be much faster to engage.

Sweeeeeeeeeet:

Lead Development Engineer Chad Christensen considers Custom Launch Control with Line Lock “arguably the coolest new feature.” Ready to hit 60 mph in under 4 seconds on the track?† Select your launch surface, RPM and slip target for an unbeatable combination of power and traction.

“Integrated Line Lock will allow you to lock the front tires, click a couple buttons and free up the rear tires to spin freely for up to 15 seconds. The main purpose is to get ready for a drag strip launch. It also creates a lot of fun tire ‘smoke,’” he laughs.

I can deal with a 15 second limit.

Along this line will rev matched down shifts be available as well?

Dustin, congrats on a pre order!! No matter the trans you get standard launch control like previous generation cars. However, now we have the option of custom launch as Chad stated in the video as well as line lock, no matter the trans. With the performance steering wheel two clicks of the PTM knob and your ready for launch!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back