Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Factory Destroyed 2023 CT5-V Blackwing

CT5-V Model
Touch up paint? Really? Wow. Thats next level screwed.

I've seen much worse body damage, usually related to poor transport, but that's as bad as I've ever seen as far as paint finish. :(

A little whataboutism to note that it doesn't matter how much one pays for the car this nonsense happens. This is on a near $600k msrp car with a quadruple layer paint that is a $46k option: The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread. Oh, and all they did for that owner is offer touchup paint.
Damn, I can’t see the pics without logging in.

DRIVER FRONT FENDER EXTRACTION DUCTS MISSING PAINT.jpg
DRIVER SIDE A PILLAR MISSING PAINT AT BOTTOM.jpg
PASSENGER SIDE A PILLAR MISSING PAINT AT BOTTOM.jpg
ZOOM IN REAR QUARTER MISSING PAINT AT GRILLE CORNER.jpg
ZOOM VIEW OF REAR BUMPER INNER TAIL LAMP MISSING PAINT.jpg

It's bad but no where near as bad as the OP.

@valhallaatya, that looked like someone used the edge of a shovel to scrape off snow. These images are difficult to look at, can't imagine how I'd feel if this happened to me. That is some serious damage to the paint, but fortunately your car doesn't appear to have any body damage.

As you alluded to in earlier posts, there isn't much they can do to make it right, but keep pursuing a reimbursement from GM and they will come through eventually. It sounds as if you've already choosen a sound course of action. We're looking forward to those photos of the paint correction and Full PPF. Hopefully you can move past this and enjoy the car for what it was meant for.

It's bad but no where near as bad as the OP.

I don't think I agree here. The Ferrari paint damage is different but just as bad since it's missing paint in multiple areas. I'd be even more furious to be offered (Nad never receive) touch up paint for a nearly $50k paint job on a $600k car! Ferrari would take that car back or I'd put them on blast online, local news, etc. (and of course with it being Ferrari it would mean you would never be allowed to buy another!)

IMO, the Ferrari is worse because of the fact that it happened during the painting process, because of their cost and reputation and the fact that it made it past their quality control. The OPs damage is post painting process.

I don't think I agree here. The Ferrari paint damage is different but just as bad since it's missing paint in multiple areas. I'd be even more furious to be offered (Nad never receive) touch up paint for a nearly $50k paint job on a $600k car! Ferrari would take that car back or I'd put them on blast online, local news, etc. (and of course with it being Ferrari it would mean you would never be allowed to buy another!)
Agree to disagree.

The price of a Ferrari has nothing to do with QC, customer service or the art of paint perfection. Without seeing the whole car it's difficult to see the big picture. There has been several examples on the forums where paint was missing from edges and it needed repaint. I feel the OPs paint situation is a lot worse than it appears because once you try to paint correct you're left with very little clear coat. It really needs a factory repaint It's gouges all over the car not in corners or edges. The worst of the paint defects made it past GM final inspection, before or after engine transplant as they were under the plastic protection film.

I promise you social media and local news would care less about someone's misfortune's on their $600k Ferrari (or $100k Cadillac).

Again, it's just my 2 cents.

The price of a Ferrari has nothing to do with QC, customer service or the art of paint perfection.
The general premise of your statement is spot on. People always tag their complaints with "this is not acceptable on my 100k car!"

Would anyone here accept the OP's paint condition on a brand new 50k car? A 30k car? No way I would.

While I feel for the OP, I never would have written a check for a car in that condition. In his own words, it is "factory destroyed". On the plus side, the undeniable marvel of these Blackwings is the driving character. Carbon or not, best seats or not, etc, these cars drive like no others. He clearly saw the car and still decided to buy it, and at least has all the same driving qualities as every other Blackwing. Only he can decide an acceptable solution now.

I wouldn’t say I’ve bought a large number of new cars (I buy used mainly), but from enough different manufacturers (Mazda, Mitsubishi, GM, Audi, Mercedes) to get a good idea of quality. I’ve never had subpar paint on any of them. For a product that has been around for over 100 years you would think companies would have worked out the process control kinks by now.

I had a black S4 for 9 years and when I sold it the paint was infinitely better than what I see here on newly delivered BWs. This car had been through automatic car washes a hundred times.

How is it that my Audi and Mercedes were built in Germany and put on a ship for a month and looked great when they arrived. Pretty simple really, the right processes and procedures, caring people, and team philosophy. I think the OPs car is more a reflection of today’s culture (especially in the United States) of not having any respect and dignity about one’s role in society and the workplace. Welcome to the new world order.

I think the OPs car is more a reflection of today’s culture (especially in the United States) of not having any respect and dignity about one’s role in society and the workplace. Welcome to the new world order.
Sadly, I think this is part of it. We have a new house, and getting anything done is ridiculous. I think a lot goes back to COVID and has carried through to today. Nobody cares, nobody wants to work and when they show up, workmanship sucks for the most part. You can't get crews to work. Can't get materials. As far as cars, we all know the supply issues. It's sad what we've become.

Sadly, I think this is part of it. We have a new house, and getting anything done is ridiculous. I think a lot goes back to COVID and has carried through to today. Nobody cares, nobody wants to work and when they show up, workmanship sucks for the most part. You can't get crews to work. Can't get materials. As far as cars, we all know the supply issues. It's sad what we've become.
Customer service is quickly becoming a thing of the past, unless you go to Chick-fil-A.

Customer service is quickly becoming a thing of the past, unless you go to Chick-fil-A.
I live in the customer service capital - home to great customer service/experience brands like Costco, Nordstrom, Amazon, Starbucks, etc. I always say it must be because we have the whiniest most demanding people...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back