Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Factory Destroyed 2023 CT5-V Blackwing

CT5-V Model
one ponders if the slop fest will continue across all their models and even future ev. With that stated, I myself won’t be looking at a caddy in the ev future. With evs, the only diff is going to end up on looks and quality, and caddy sure disappointed in quality element.

That's a lot of damage, regardless of the color of the car. GM has a long way to go to improve their customer experience for Cadillac customers. Makes it hard to justify paying 100k for a CT5VBW.

I totally understand you're frustrated, and you should be as that paint looks like shit. For all people for a black car to be delivered to, its an expert in the finish industry!

If I'm reading it correctly, sounds like you're OK with a correction and PPF, you just don't want to pay for it. Respray is off the table, so correction and PPF is really the only solution here. Since you're in the industry, I imagine you already planned to correct and PPF if the car had shown up with acceptable blemishes?

Regardless of what you planned to do with the paint, I guess my point is to come to a conclusion for what would make you whole again and focus on that. The damage is done, so I would stay on point and put my energy towards a solution that gets you to a point of enjoying the car.

Lastly, as someone that is an OCD clean perfectionist, I lived many years being frustrated by others that do not view my material goods the way I do. I've learned the burden to temper this tendency is on me, not them. In other words, most people wouldn't even notice the paint, which is the same people that you're dealing with at GM, so be mindful that they probably think you're being unreasonable.

Hearing these kinds of stories is disappointing because the Blackwings are supposed to be 'halo cars' that lure people away from other brands and turn them into GM/Cadillac customers for life. It doesn't seem like an isolated incident either.

It's not even like this is about the basic level of quality and service expected for a $100K car (it is) but this is also the top dog product for Cadillac. It would be like BMW telling a M5 CS buyer to get stuffed or Porsche treating their GT2RS buyers indifferently. High-end brands understand that the perception of prestige and desirability for their whole range trickles down from the halo products.

Although presumably GM can't quickly fix their logistics and storage issues, they should at least step up on the back-end to take care of these customers differently.

We actually worked on a new M5 Comp, client waited almost 2 years. It was an absolute dream to work on, would still take the Blackwing though.

It's great that you say this, BMW and Porsche executives are very easy to approach. I've helped numerous clients over the years deal with issues like mine, just not as severe and have created great relationships with both the BMW and Porsche President's in Canada. Excellent guys to talk to and they REALLY REALLY care about customer satisfaction.

The damage looks like someone used a heavy duty broom to sweep ice and snow off your car

That's exactly what I said to the Plant Manager at LGR because the car was built and delivery started during a massive snowstorm, probably one of the largest in the last decade. The weirdest thing was, another shipment came the same day with a ZL1 which was immaculate, other than the front bumper. All the ZL1 front bumpers need paint correction no matter what. He said the car was damaged at the factory when they were strapping the car down and whoever put the transport film finished the job.

I think the car was covered with snow and ice and whoever was prepping the car for transport and whoever put the transport film on just mutilated the car trying the get the snow and ice off.

I totally understand you're frustrated, and you should be as that paint looks like shit. For all people for a black car to be delivered to, its an expert in the finish industry!

If I'm reading it correctly, sounds like you're OK with a correction and PPF, you just don't want to pay for it. Respray is off the table, so correction and PPF is really the only solution here. Since you're in the industry, I imagine you already planned to correct and PPF if the car had shown up with acceptable blemishes?

Regardless of what you planned to do with the paint, I guess my point is to come to a conclusion for what would make you whole again and focus on that. The damage is done, so I would stay on point and put my energy towards a solution that gets you to a point of enjoying the car.

Lastly, as someone that is an OCD clean perfectionist, I lived many years being frustrated by others that do not view my material goods the way I do. I've learned the burden to temper this tendency is on me, not them. In other words, most people wouldn't even notice the paint, which is the same people that you're dealing with at GM, so be mindful that they probably think you're being unreasonable.

Thank you for the reply, you've hit this one right on the noggin. Damage is done, you're right and yes I was planning to do a light correction as 9 times out of 10 GM Solid Black needs it. I didn't expect to do a 2000-3000 sanding with a 6 to 7 stage correction. Did plan to PPF the front end, now the entire car has to be PPF'd because the damage is literally everywhere and that's the only option for me to live with this. The damage will always be there but as long as I can't see it I'll be OK. It would have to be Matte/Satin PPF as the damage no matter the levels of sanding and correction is still showing through Gloss PPF.

The issue with repainting it, unless you're taking it to a God level paint shop, it won't look good and no matter how good the painter is, if you ever remove PPF from a respray the chances of you pulling paint is extremely high. Not only that the tension of anchoring the film during installation has a good chance of shifting the clearcoat so it'll actually look weird and wavy. A lot of people don't realize this, as the film cures/shrinks it actually creates intense pull on the clearcoat, gabbing it and pulling it towards how it was anchored. I haven't seen an aftermarket paint job yet that PPF hasn't torn off unfortunately.

Since I'm in the industry, I know who the best shops are for paint. To do the whole car the right way(No fish eyes, blemishes, weird anomalies, inconsistence levels of paint, matching panels) I was quoted $18, 000 + Tax, 6-8 months wait to get in. I can't wait that long and GM will never pay that lol.

All I want for them is to pay to have it fixed, through me, through the dealer, through the Pope. Doesn't matter to me as long as it's done the right way. The LGR Plant Manager admitted in his e-mail that they fucked up, that's why myself and the dealership are mind boggled that they're skirting around this issue instead of paying already.

Your last paragraph is the absolute truth, but I will say that one of the Corvette Sales Managers which is LITERALLY blind was able to see the damage on my car, this was a testament on how mutilated it was and is. If he's able to see it, believe me anyone can lol.

Last edited:
1. GM would stand behind their product and make things right.
2. Unknown how easily it would be to get another allocation.

Exactly right, his question is answered in the last few paragraphs. This is the dealerships third CT-5V Blackwing in 2 years. They get an allocation for 2 every 18-24 months. That's normal for Canada, the bulk go to the States. I would basically never see one again. We did a paper delivery, the car hasn't moved since December 1st while we wait for GM to make this right.

My friend Ryan which also ordered one at the same time as me is still waiting for his, they were both built together, 1 number off the VIN. He's terrified at how his is going to arrive.

I can promise you the dealership will have a TV crew on standby when this one arrives.

There is SO MUCH MORE damage that I haven't even captured on photos and video because I puke a little bit when I see the car lol.
I been avoiding looking at damage as I feel your pain. I would have to be put in restraints or taken out in cuffs. As I've aged I've lost patience with idiots and fools. No matter the outcome of this you end up on losing end. Hoping for a good outcome on your end, good luck.

I have a 5BW in Rift, it took a heavy amount of paint correction and to avoid too much clear removal, we stopped around 80 + %. We got to the point of good enough and coated it in ceramic.

So even though Rift is lighter, it still shows up and yeah, maybe not as bad, but annoying enough to notice.
Man, I feel so lucky, car came in great shape, nothing to even write about.

Sucks for the O/P though

rip off season 6 GIF

Unfortunately, there is a trend here. I sincerely hope they do right by you @valhallaatya!!! If some of that is snow removal, with a snow plow, is it unreasonable to say all cars being delivered this time of year are especially at risk? :(

That's a lot of damage, regardless of the color of the car. GM has a long way to go to improve their customer experience for Cadillac customers. Makes it hard to justify paying 100k for a CT5VBW.
My Nickel is, It's a fantastic car that unfortunately has flaws in the delivery of the final product to the customer in many cases. The unique nature of the car(s) allows for some forgiveness on our part. The expectation is, it should be perfect when I get it! Why not? Its apparent many of us have ponied up cash to correct serious issues from delivery in one form or another. Our pocket again. It could, and should of been done better by "someone" with these HALO's. Its not too late GM!!!!!

I've seen much worse body damage, usually related to poor transport, but that's as bad as I've ever seen as far as paint finish. :(

A little whataboutism to note that it doesn't matter how much one pays for the car this nonsense happens. This is on a near $600k msrp car with a quadruple layer paint that is a $46k option: The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread. Oh, and all they did for that owner is offer touchup paint.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back