Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Factory carbon issues

The old does, but I got about half of it looking “right” but now you guys got me a little worried that the color isn’t as it is supposed to be

Also remember, GM changed suppliers several times. That could add to difference in color and quality.

The old does, but I got about half of it looking “right” but now you guys got me a little worried that the color isn’t as it is supposed to be
I tried for more apples/apples for ya bud hope it helps!

Attachments

• with sunlight.jpg
    with sunlight.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
  • without sunlight.jpg
    without sunlight.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
So just by going back over your picture now mixing and mfg's like the other poster said and time-frames...Your's look a little "OFF" but how to ensure now that all look similar is the big question other than having same time-frame mfg and lot's etc.

Not sure how one times the CF purchase. I’ve had a splitter on order since December 2022.

At a meet at a Cadillac dealership, where they had a '23 4BW Road Atlanta for sale, the carbon was different (silver/gray) than the participant 2022s (amber/brown). So there may not be consistency with OEM CF depending on the varying suppliers over time.

At a meet at a Cadillac dealership, where they had a '23 4BW Road Atlanta for sale, the carbon was different (silver/gray) than the participant 2022s (amber/brown). So there may not be consistency with OEM CF depending on the varying suppliers over time.
That seems to be the difference with mine and timeline makes sense with what I got

Thanks, I kinda thing yours is in the middle of the two sets I got
Yes, I would tend to agree. My number is 632 and shortly after that it was ZERO ON THE CF 1&2 packages and from what I understand it's still a problem. GM had to screw the Cadillac brand because their bread/butter Corvette guys Z06's were just starting and they were heavy on CF specs and GM is not going to screw those loyalists!

FWIW, slightly OT, I had a BMW M2 (pic below if I remember to attach it) with every freakin' bit of ridiculous CF available from BMW at the time except for the rear diffuser (don't know why) and a buddy of mine who worked for Tesla crawled under my car one day to check it all out. He was, at the time, searching for CF vendors for a project and explained to me how the BMW product was very high quality and I inferred from that, that there were lots of vendors that perhaps were not quite at that quality level.

And I've never worked in a automobile plant, but I have worked in manufacturing before, and I suspect that most companies trust their suppliers and don't inspect every little thing that comes into inventory.
resized DSC_1093.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners