Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Factory carbon issues

Blackwing86

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their carbon fiber?
It seems that every piece has an issue but some are different than others.

Rear spoiler looks like it is wearing through the clear right on the edge at the top, but the entire width of the spoiler. Feels “rough” to the touch.

Side skirts and rear defuser seem like it isn’t sealed and water is getting in or the resin isn’t right in the carbon. After a couple weeks after getting the car, I am getting green spots in it under the clear. Seems to be happening only in certain areas and is always around where it mounts to the car..

Anyways, I got the rear defuser replaced once already, same issue. Like same to the point that I am 90% convinced they didn’t change it. It’s at the dealer again getting a whole round of carbon and hoping it will be done shortly and more importantly, good quality.

Anyone else having these issues? I’ve seen bad carbon before but have never seen it turn green… dying to drive my car. I was lucky enough to be one of the first to get theirs but after just shy of 2 years of ownership, I’ve only had it roughly half the time…

I had two interior trim pieces replaced under warranty. Took them two tries on one of them, but still not seated properly. I need to take it apart…

I had a bunch of air bubbles underneath the clear coat on my drivers side canard. Other than that, no issues like what you are describing. It's pretty amazing what makes its way through GM quality control.

It is a 5bw. My interior looks good from what I remember. My issue seems to be exterior only, I have cf1 & 2. I am quite surprised it made it through qc as well especially if they did replace the rear valance already…

I’m glad most of you don’t have any issues with the carbon on your vehicles. Has been a long and rough journey trying to get this car “right”. This is about as close to my dream car as possible(5bw wagon would be my ideal). This is the second in for carbon and a collective at least 8 months and counting without the car.

Hell, I bought a c6 z06 just to have a fun car to tide me over. However will need to sell when my 5bw comes home due to garage space. I am very fortunate that this isn’t my only car or I would be in a bad situation. Trying not to get angry about it but it is hard. I just want my car!

Hey guys,
Bringing this back alive, yes I am still dealing with the carbon but now only about half.

Update- this is the first update since BTW, I have been waiting on parts and now over half way through my warranty period with a car that still is not "right" from the factory...

So I picked up my car today, perfect time for cold weather, dealer said everything was done besides the rear defuser, which was damaged upon arrival. Good news is that this carbon looks right upon first inspection and is a noticeable different color that the bad pieces. The bad ones have a brown hue to them and have the green spots I mentioned earlier.

Front splitter and rear defuser seem to be the only ongoing carbon issues atm. I can't believe I am the only one having these issues?

I was kinda hoping someone from Cadillac could chime in or send me a DM to help get all this resolved in a timely manner. I am having a few more issues but going to allow the dealer a chance to make them right. I will take some pics to show you guys what I am dealing with and to show the difference between the "good" and "bad" carbon. I have to get it cleaned up next week as I picked it up looking worse than it ever has.

Anyone else in the same boat? Cadillac, I am here hoping you can provide a more timely fix, maybe a short extended coverage for the dealer having the car just as long as I have...

There seems to be some issues with the carbon fiber components. Where are these made?

I am not sure where they are made or by who? I do work at a Ford dealer and can confirm I have never seen issues on any of the Shelbys, not saying there aren't any, but I have personally never seen any.

All of GMs carbon fiber has a brownish hue. It’s the UV protectant they add to the clear coat and has been that way since the C6 ZR1. It’s one of the ways to tell OEM from aftermarket carbon fiber.

I guess you could call it brown, but to me it looks like light gold. I really like the hue and prefer it over a plain CF look.

This is all I have for pics right now as I left it at work for the weekend. The spoiler is new, defuser is old. You can see the color difference
IMG_5542.jpeg

This is all I have for pics right now as I left it at work for the weekend. The spoiler is new, defuser is old. You can see the color differenceView attachment 22726
On a car like this I would only want factory carbon installed. The factory carbon pieces are legit and it looks like you may have some that are not legit. I would say isolated incident or maybe a a few? What number is your BW it's 2022 and maybe it was one that sat on GM lot for 6 months just being blasted from UVA's many sat with snow on ground too?

Unfortunately, it was you and it looks like there is something amiss and you get taken care of properly. I have same exact car maybe my lazy butt will send you a pick to compare. You also have bad luck because of the Carbon constraints worldwide and every other excuse over last couple years and now the strike excuse that your dealer is probably not getting the parts or allowed to that are for production.

Last edited:
Mine is #35. I am one of the first to take delivery to my knowledge

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop