Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Extended warranties

I ragged on the dealer for hitting me with 10K ADM so he through in the 10 year 100K extended warranty and is going to give me the same extended warranty on the BW4 if and when it comes in without ADM.

Also, unless GM has changed something, you can wait to purchase the extended warranty right up until you regular warranty expires. Though, you're exposed to yearly price increases if you want the full 4 years. But has that has been my strategy with all my cars. If I have troubles during the regular warranty period, then I will buy the extended warranty. If not, then I skip the extended warranty. Maybe I am lucky but that has worked well for me.
That's a VERY good idea. I'll have to ask if GM Canada does that.

I ragged on the dealer for hitting me with 10K ADM so he through in the 10 year 100K extended warranty and is going to give me the same extended warranty on the BW4 if and when it comes in without ADM
I ragged on the dealer for hitting me with 10K ADM so he through in the 10 year 100K extended warranty and is going to give me the same extended warranty on the BW4 if and when it comes in without ADM.
Waaaaay more money waiting until factory warranty expired

Stop it stev

i spoke to allan he quoted me over the phone and was less expensive then my dealer. Awaiting to see if my dealer will come down or i go with these folks
That’s odd. They used to be the cheapest around due to the sheer volume of warranties they sold. It was always a lady that handled it. They also sell the GMPP or GMEP, can’t remember which one, but alot of dealers now sell the aftermarket warranties which are cheaper.

here are the details

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 2.34.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 2.34.31 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 166
I'm assuming this is the case, but warranty work need not be performed at the dealer where the warranty was purchased, correct?

I'll hit 75k miles by 60 months at this rate. I had the 6/75 Platinum plan on the V3 (got some of that back prorated which is a nice feature of the GM plan.) Will probably do the same again for this car.

Just have to email a copy if the odometer statement from the sale of the car and the warranty provider for GM prorates a refund based on percentage of the plan not used.

@Drozboyz, my warranty is 7 year 75K and I got it for $3591 and this is a GM extended warranty

If you buy a 7/75 now, aren't you only benefiting by 2/27 (1/5 PowerTrain)?
Since you get 5/48 (6/70 PowerTrain) already.

If you buy a 7/75, after original warranty is up, you would pay more, but also get the full 7/75 additional.
By waiting, you would only need to buy a 2/24 to net the same coverage as a 7/75 now.
Naturally you could buy more (at that time), depending on your needs.

Also, if you Pro-Rate they might start the clock at Day-1 instead of at 5Y.

If you buy a 7/75 now, aren't you only benefiting by 2/27 (1/5 PowerTrain)?
Since you get 5/48 (6/70 PowerTrain) already.

If you buy a 7/75, after original warranty is up, you would pay more, but also get the full 7/75 additional.
By waiting, you would only need to buy a 2/24 to net the same coverage as a 7/75 now.
Naturally you could buy more (at that time), depending on your needs.

Also, if you Pro-Rate they might start the clock at Day-1 instead of at 5Y.
They offer a 2/24 ?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners