Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Epic video

Great video. Cammisa is an excellent writer/presenter. He was fantastic when he was on the Motor Trend YT channel before they ditched all their good talent and tanked it.

:boogie
Things with no personality:
Tesla
BMW M5
Meta(stasis) CEO Robozuckerburg

(OK, I added the last one- but if the shoe is designed to match the required exterior dimensions... ;) )

Also, "Hey, that blue thing has a manual!"

Fantastic video. Cements my choice of BW5 and also my suspicion that the 275 front tire is too narrow. Hopefully a 305 square setup will return the neutral balance Alpha is known for.

If you are stuck at 1100 like me, DON'T WATCH THIS VIDEO! Too depressing. :(

This video really highlighted something i've struggled with. I can afford either the CT4 or 5 Blackwing, but i have a hard time justifying the extra increase in price for the 5.

I think we can all agree that 5 is an absolute demon of pure entertainment on the track, but for daily life on the road? You never get to use that power for longer than two or three seconds before you are above legal speeds. The engine sounds so, so, sweet though. On the other hand, as Jason describes in the video, the 4 is much more nimble, tossable into the corners, you have more fun running through the gears; it's just more enjoyable for street driving.

I wont argue with him that a NA V8 would be absolutely amazing, but the TT V6 is what we get. In Jason's opinion, the engine and power train are what makes the 5 an icon despite the 4 being the better street car. Do you guys think the TTV6 is really that much worse than a V8? Does the occasional track day with a 5 really tip the scales so much? I dont think I could afford tires at the rate JC smoked them....

My thinking was, I could have ordered a 4 and probably been very happy and saved $30K, but I wanted a V8. I figure cars like this are going away, so why not blow the budget and get what should be the best of the best. Last of the V8's, last of the performance ICE vehicles, the preverbal "collector" car. I have zero plans on getting rid of it....ever! Well, I have to get it first 🤣

I bought the 5 because I really love the torque of the LT4 and it is so much fun on the street to just dip your toe in at any RPM and car surges forward like you lit the afterburners. In fact, I'd think the opposite and if your goal is a track car the lighter and smaller 4 is probably more fun - even if it's not as fast. I wish I could have one of each.

If they made a 4 with the LT4 I'd have bought that for sure :)

I bought the 5 because I really love the torque of the LT4 and it is so much fun on the street to just dip your toe in at any RPM and car surges forward like you lit the afterburners. In fact, I'd think the opposite and if your goal is a track car the lighter and smaller 4 is probably more fun - even if it's not as fast. I wish I could have one of each.

If they made a 4 with the LT4 I'd have bought that for sure :)
Could you imagine a 4 with a LT4? I agree, I would have bought one. I'm tempted to buy a 4 in addition to my (whenever) 5. Not sure I can get that past the war department though 😂

A 4BW with a NA V8 would've been amazing. I got the 5 for the experience, not necessarily because it's the best car for anything in particular. I think the 4 is probably a better overall car. Cammisa did a video on the Chevy SS a few years ago, and he hit the nail on the head with that one as well, and that was a big reason I bought one. I have come to see that his opinions are very similar to mine about cars, just like his latest GTI video.

This video really highlighted something i've struggled with. I can afford either the CT4 or 5 Blackwing, but i have a hard time justifying the extra increase in price for the 5.

I think we can all agree that 5 is an absolute demon of pure entertainment on the track, but for daily life on the road? You never get to use that power for longer than two or three seconds before you are above legal speeds. The engine sounds so, so, sweet though. On the other hand, as Jason describes in the video, the 4 is much more nimble, tossable into the corners, you have more fun running through the gears; it's just more enjoyable for street driving.

I wont argue with him that a NA V8 would be absolutely amazing, but the TT V6 is what we get. In Jason's opinion, the engine and power train are what makes the 5 an icon despite the 4 being the better street car. Do you guys think the TTV6 is really that much worse than a V8? Does the occasional track day with a 5 really tip the scales so much? I dont think I could afford tires at the rate JC smoked them....

So...that is a completely rational and reasonable question. IF the BW4 had come with the LT1, I almost certainly would have picked it.

But the part of the video I most related to was when he mentioned picking your car isn't always a rational decision. I'm really excited by the LT4 + Cadillac ethos.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back