Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Engine/Shift Settings for MT cars

Ty88

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V Blackwing
For manual transmissions cars what changes are made when you select one of the four different settings for the Engine/Shift line in picture. Does this change throttle sensitivity and/or something else?
IMG_0052.jpeg

I don’t think anything happens in manual. I asked the spring mt guys and I know they don’t know all but they also said nothing happens with that with a manual.

The shift may not do anything, but I feel like the "engine" might. It probably effects throttle sensitivity. I actually preferred using my mode during my last canyon run because V mode noticeably dulled the throttle "I was using similar settings as above." These cars dull the throttle in the more aggressive modes to help curtail oversteer & wheel spin I'm assuming. Next time I will try stepping down the "engine/shift" setting a notch or two to see if my theory is correct.

At SM, instructors said that anything lower than PTM sport will pull throttle during hard acceleration and if u lose traction during turns. So u can put engine to low setting but ptm to sport or track 1 or track 2 and it won’t cut throttle.

What I have observed is the the Engine/Shift is linked to PTM. As the PTM slider is moved to the right the Engine/Shift will follow to the right.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back