Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Engine Failure

Philsblackraven

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
My 2022 CT5-V Blackwing is at the dealer waiting for a new motor. And it looks like I'm not the only owner experiencing this problem. I only have 14,500 miles on the car and it's in the shop now waiting on a new motor. But this isn't the first time it has been in the shop since owning the car for only 14 months. I've had to replace the alternator and water pump, with these two parts failing the car had to be towed, once being on the side of the highway. And I've had to replace a catalytic converter, and the rear differential already. This brings us to the latest visit to the dealer where it is now waiting for a new motor because a spark plug failed causing the misfire and damaging the engine in the process. I've also seen a video of another Blackwing misfiring on YouTube because of a failed spark plug. I'm already in the works on getting GM to buy the car back under the lemon law and I expect more people to follow. I love this car but the headache from all these major failures has taken the excitement out of owning this car. Every drive I'm looking at the dash expecting a warning message. I know what they say about owning the first year of a new model but since the engine, transmission, and suspension have already been used numerous times in several GM models I took a chance. There's a problem with these engines and GM is going to have to address it soon. Good Luck to anyone who owns this car and is planning on owning one.

That stinks, sorry to hear. It is strange to hear about engines failing because it is such a simple design that GM has been refining for so long. I feel the the 5BW forum is reminding me of the GT350 forum with its "another Voodoo engine failure" threads.

That stinks, sorry to hear. It is strange to hear about engines failing because it is such a simple design that GM has been refining for so long. I feel the the 5BW forum is reminding me of the GT350 forum with its "another Voodoo engine failure" threads.
That's the only reason why took a chance on this car. The engine, transmission, and suspension are carry-over parts so I figured it would be a pretty bulletproof build. Was I sadly mistaken

Definitely seems like yours was cursed from the get-go. That's not a fun situation. Hopefully your lemon law claim is settled quickly and fairly.

How/were you maintaining it? It reads the issues are being resolved - how is this related to lemon laws when 2-3X failures and X/time at a dealership (depending on state) is required? Also do you baby it or flog it or in-between? Honest questions, please lmk.

Link the youtube video.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop