Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Downpipes & CEL - Any solution to PERMANENTLY remove/bypass CEL?

Well a full week in, about 200mi, no check engine light and it set the readiness test for cat and O2. Winner, winner!

Awesome! Can you link what you are using

The m2 spacers. The driver's side is very tight, but it does fit right between the "cat" and the firewall. Passenger side fits great.

The m2 spacers. The driver's side is very tight, but it does fit right between the "cat" and the firewall. Passenger side fits great.
Keep us posted, this is awesome!!! What other mods do you have? Are you on JB4 as well?

This is great! Do you see any “phantom” codes lurking when you scan or is the car completely code free?

This is great! Do you see any “phantom” codes lurking when you scan or is the car completely code free?

Keep in mind that you will get codes with the mini cat spacers but it just spreads out the frequency so it's not as often.

Keep in mind that you will get codes with the mini cat spacers but it just spreads out the frequency so it's not as often.
Are you speaking from experience, particularly with the BW, or more broadly any experience with these "mini-cat" o2 spacers... Or are you just posting conjecture?

Are you speaking from experience, particularly with the BW, or more broadly any experience with these "mini-cat" o2 spacers... Or are you just posting conjecture?

I have not used them. I'm speaking from posts that other users have created primarily with other less strict vehicles. The more expensive Fabspeed variant was marketed to the Porsche crowd and you can find information on them in various forums. Shiftdown has used them on his 4BW though. He made a couple posts about it in the Tapout downpipe thread and mentioned that it threw and removed codes randomly over the course of 1000mi.

So I'm fairly confident you will see a CEL with them but the frequency is vastly better than the 0-50mi window that Tapout stated on the downpipes without them.

I have not used them. I'm speaking from posts that other users have created primarily with other less strict vehicles. The more expensive Fabspeed variant was marketed to the Porsche crowd and you can find information on them in various forums. Shiftdown has used them on his 4BW though. He made a couple posts about it in the Tapout downpipe thread and mentioned that it threw and removed codes randomly over the course of 1000mi.

So I'm fairly confident you will see a CEL with them but the frequency is vastly better than the 0-50mi window that Tapout stated on the downpipes without them.
I appreciate the feedback... We need a fix for this, and I'm impatiently awaiting a good solution.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back