Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Do you actually use the HUD?

Do you actually look at the HUD really?

• Yes

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
It's always on but I almost never use it. Just feels unnatural to me - like I'm not expecting digital information with the "analog" stuff going on through the windshield. I do like the shift lights in the HUD though!

My first HUD was in 1975 when I started flying the A-7D fighter jet for the Air Force. Everything was on that HUD and I rarely looked at my instruments. Fast forward 23 years and I bought a new C5 which had a HUD. Both Corvettes I have have HUDs and I use them all the time. Too bad my V2 didn't come with a HUD - I miss it when I jump into the VWagon.

I use it when it’s working correctly. Currently, when HUD diplays track mode, the rpms on the wings do not illuminate like shown on the tach in the dash. Probably need dealer to reset the software?

First car I ever drove with a HUD was a Nissan Maxima. Back in the 80's. The windshields were expensive to replace because it had a small piece of cellophane in the glass to reflect the speed projection.

I use it exclusively for nav and media on the daily, and I love the tach in track mode when on track...

I use it exclusively for nav and media on the daily, and I love the tach in track mode when on track...

The tach was useful on the track at Spring Mountain, for sure.

For daily driving in the city I find the HUD distracting. Out on the open road I like it.

I do like the "pared down" version of the sat nav that the HUD displays. I find it more intuitive to follow than the full blown version on the infotainment display. That same pared down display can be shown on the right panel on the digital dash.

At first I didn't.

Then I got a speeding ticket 2 weeks into ownership.

Now I changed it to display my speed and the speed limit of the road I'm on. lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back