Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did your wife allow you to pick out your Blackwing

Wife encouraged me to purchase it and says she will drive it if I don’t. So I drive it. No input on the order specs except she wanted to ok the color. Lucky to have her.

Um, it’s basically hers. We chose the color together along with our 2 grown sons.

My wife could care less bout the entire process, lol. She just wants me to finally get my car (stuck in rail yard for 2 plus weeks) so I stop complaining. She's more than happy with her XC-90.

Wife best wife simply let me buy the car. No say in anything. I asked her today about learning how to drive it(manual) and she has no interest. All good b

Wife could care less. I change cars like socks.:D

I’ve had my e39 M5 almost 2 years, which is a long time for me. I’ve done so much work on it to get it road worthy I can’t bare the thought of selling it…yet. I just installed a new clutch, flywheel, and driveshaft on it. It’s a helluva daily driver.

Mine was all on board for it. I was originally going to lease something for 2 years until I got back from my next deployment and finally buy one then but she said we should just get it now. She came with me for the process. Only had input on the rooms and sunroof for the kids. After we got done she said she's gonna have to learn how to drive stick now. AFTER BEING WITH HER FOR OVER 12 YEARS. Now she wanna drive stick!!!!

The only guideline I got from my wife: make sure it has 4 doors for the kids.
my 2 little girls picked the color(electric blue). My wife was shocked when she saw a pic of the color( I blamed the kids) and paused for a second when I told her it’s a manual…she drives my cars maybe twice a year when we are in a pinch …just take an Uber when we must ;)

I offered to buy her whatever she wanted so she's got a twin turbo V8 X5, claimed thr Mini Cooper S 6-speed we bought a few months ago for my son to practice rowing gears, claimed my old M3, and even an XC90 she no longer drives (really need to get rid of some cars.) My Blackwing is mine and had no input from her (and similar to someone else, she 'forgot' I was ordering one...)

hence the smile in your profile pic
sorry not sorry netflix GIF by Patriot Act

I offered to buy her whatever she wanted so she's got a twin turbo V8 X5, claimed thr Mini Cooper S 6-speed we bought a few months ago for my son to practice rowing gears, claimed my old M3, and even an XC90 she no longer drives (really need to get rid of some cars.) My Blackwing is mine and had no input from her (and similar to someone else, she 'forgot' I was ordering one...)
That's a good collection there lol

Wife doesn't like the seats in my 2020 ZL1 so car was a easy sell knowing the Blackwing will replace it. Still, several things had to come together before I felt comfortable with the price as this is the most expensive vehicle I ever purchased.
Exterior color choice took a month of going back and forth between white, orange, blue, and satin steel. I had decided orange but once we arrived at the dealership they had a satin steel SUV on the showroom floor. We both said wow and ordered satin steel.

Wife doesn't like the seats in my 2020 ZL1 so car was a easy sell knowing the Blackwing will replace it. Still, several things had to come together before I felt comfortable with the price as this is the most expensive vehicle I ever purchased.
Exterior color choice took a month of going back and forth between white, orange, blue, and satin steel. I had decided orange but once we arrived at the dealership they had a satin steel SUV on the showroom floor. We both said wow and ordered satin steel.
What color interior did you order ?

What color interior did you order ?
That choice was interesting as well! Decided on the optional Jet Black with Sky Cool gray accents, Full Semi-Aniline Leather Seats when the order was placed. Then I started to remember all the times I had light seat colors in other cars and what a PITA they were to keep clean. Especially when it came time to remove the "stains" from bluejeans.

Contacted the dealer and had the seat color changed to black and black.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back