Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Determining Collector Series Blackwings

Hell, I know I didn't buy the car because what it might be worth someday. I bought it because I liked what it offered. Now that I have it and put a few miles on it, I'm happy with that decision.

I missed out on a collectors edition (damn you bad timing!) but I sure would have liked one, not for it adding any particular amount to the car's future resale... but for a neat little homage to the folks who designed and built something I enjoy.

Kinda like the engine "built by:" plaque. Pretty sure its going to mean zilch as far as resale, but its still pretty neat in it's own right.

Talking to Mirza, that was a poorly worded sentence when they wrote it and it was meant to say that all of the cars would be getting the steering wheel vin. The collector series are special because of the b-pillar collector plate and the door sill signature
Burn, I was under the impression that the VIN only appears on the High Performance Steering Wheel option?

Sometimes reading this forum and FB brings me down to point I don't want to keep signing back on...
Hey! You will sign on to this forum and you will like it!!! :SLAP:Buttslap

:chuckle

I'm not the first to say it, but something that is designed to be collectible never ends up being so. Look at 96 Corvette collectors editions, first 888 Pontiac G8s, etc. The fact that these cars have nothing to really set them apart is the problem. Also, the fact that the "first 250" aren't even the first 250 cars. There are regular non-collector series cars interspersed in there, too.
That's actually very true about the '96 Collector Editions. But then take a look at the '96 Grand Sports which were not "Collector Editions". LOL

I would venture to say that 99.9% of the vehicles mass produced today will not meet or exceed returns from putting the same amount of money in the stock market for the next 20-50 years. Then remember to deduct storage fees, maintenance, and insurance.
This.

I believe the correct term is limited edition since it does appear they will be limited in numbers. To me, the only cars that could be classified as "collectors edition" level would be the ones with frozen paint. If GM sticks to their guns there, there will be less than 200 of those and even less per model. That's regardless of whether they make 500, 1000, or 5000 regular blackwings which I can't really see since the car is so far off base from what the typical Cadillac buyer wants.
"collector series" is correct for the "first 250" cars of each 4 and 5. It says it right on the door plaque, but I think that's about the only reference to it as Rob has stated. Also, the certificate that comes separate from the car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back