Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

I don't disagree in principle with what has been said. I think if you're a forum sponsor, there is a level of expectation on how potential customers will be treated.

I will say though that I did get my 4VBW from Delaware Caddy and had a great experience. One of the easiest buying experiences I've had.
Unlike you, not everyone is willing to pay way more than acceptable. The only "likes" you will get will be from people you are promoting.
It's also funny how some people, like this fishy dealership, run their own foot over while thinking of how cool they'd look doing a donut.

Tad presumptive. Paid under MSRP and paid under the discount from GM. Manual too. But hey, you do you.

So, basically, the suckers get hosed and the Forum members MAYBE get MSRP? No thanks. I'll be sure not to get near this dealer.

Tad presumptive. Paid under MSRP and paid under the discount from GM. Manual too. But hey, you do you.

Hey, you know what happens when you assume. ;)

This seems to be a generally well-behaved forum, but this thread seems to bring out the angry in almost everyone...

#sewellcadillac #idriveasewell #sewellfanboi #cantbeatsewell #longtimecustomer #msrp I could go on but y'all get my point.......

First Blackwing on the ground delivered and I was there.....

What were we talking about again?
IMG_3213.jpg

#sewellcadillac #idriveasewell #sewellfanboi #cantbeatsewell #longtimecustomer #msrp I could go on but y'all get my point.......

First Blackwing on the ground delivered and I was there.....

What were we talking about again?
View attachment 21935
My order still at Sewells looms there!🤬

Research is your friend. Delaware Cadillac is a upper level \ top ten at least V dealer consistently for several years. CT5 manuals will ALWAYS command more $$$. I called around nation wide, (excluding CA.) the upper V dealers. BLACKWINGBILL gave me a positive response. Out of state , over the phone , refundable depsit until v i n produced. Feb\2022 phone call drove away , far away, mid-July 2022 . Out the door under $92000 . Wave blue CT5 manual One of two built to that spec in 2022. Dogs on the porch or dogs on the hunt.

Research is your friend. Delaware Cadillac is a upper level \ top ten at least V dealer consistently for several years. CT5 manuals will ALWAYS command more $$$. I called around nation wide, (excluding CA.) the upper V dealers. BLACKWINGBILL gave me a positive response. Out of state , over the phone , refundable depsit until v i n produced. Feb\2022 phone call drove away , far away, mid-July 2022 . Out the door under $92000 . Wave blue CT5 manual One of two built to that spec in 2022. Dogs on the porch or dogs on the hunt.
The markets in February 2022 and September 2023 are very different. I got a factory order for a manual 5BW at MSRP from a local dealer and my dealer played zero games with pricing. It didn't matter if it was a manual or automatic, customer order or car already on the lot, it was going to be MSRP. Ordered June 2023 and took delivery August 2023.

The fact remains this thread is for dealers at MSRP. This isn't a "Dealers you had a good experience" thread, it's one for dealers at MSRP. For the majority of their cars on the lot Delaware Cadillac are not at MSRP, including every single 5BW they have. They seem to have no issue markings things up. For me personally that's a dealer I run away from as fast as I can.

Forgive me if my posts have come off as combative, but I think most of us here are really sick these cars being marked up. Trying to sell used BWs for $20k more than the MSRP is laughable. I'm sure they'll sell it to someone at some point with more money than patience, but it's not a business practice I'd reward. I waited and paid the increase in MSRP on a '24 instead of buying a '23 from a dealer with a markup.

Huh, what?

The markets in February 2022 and September 2023 are very different. I got a factory order for a manual 5BW at MSRP from a local dealer and my dealer played zero games with pricing. It didn't matter if it was a manual or automatic, customer order or car already on the lot, it was going to be MSRP. Ordered June 2023 and took delivery August 2023.

The fact remains this thread is for dealers at MSRP. This isn't a "Dealers you had a good experience" thread, it's one for dealers at MSRP. For the majority of their cars on the lot Delaware Cadillac are not at MSRP, including every single 5BW they have. They seem to have no issue markings things up. For me personally that's a dealer I run away from as fast as I can.

Forgive me if my posts have come off as combative, but I think most of us here are really sick these cars being marked up. Trying to sell used BWs for $20k more than the MSRP is laughable. I'm sure they'll sell it to someone at some point with more money than patience, but it's not a business practice I'd reward. I waited and paid the increase in MSRP on a '24 instead of buying a '23 from a dealer with a markup.
The reality is they have offered cars at MSRP (or less). Maybe the first couple of posts have the exact rules to be part of this thread. They have offered for folks who are members of this forum to work with them.

I don't disagree with your premise, but high demand cars with smaller supplies will always run into this. If they have agreed with Rob to offer enthusiasts (people on this forum) at MSRP, I'm not sure what the issue is if they help people get in a car. And even if Rob hasn't worked that out but they ultimately will, again, what's the concern?

Delaware Caddy is no where near the closest dealer to me. But they were very easy to work with from the moment I stepped on the grounds. I laid out the rules on the deal, they followed my rules exactly. I had to leave at a very specific time and got no hassle when I had to leave without having agreed to the deal. We agreed how it would go and I did what I said I'd do and they reciprocated.

Maybe if I was buying a 5, it would have been different. I'll never know, but if I was in the market, I'd be giving Bill a call to see how we might work together based on the folks who have had physical interactions with the dealership. I did not go through Bill, so I have no idea what he is like.

This. There might have been less flake if a separate thread was created about the sponsorship instead of posting in the MSRP thread when most of their list price is above MSRP and the comment about about SINCERE buyer leaves a sour taste with any potential buyer.

I was on a few MSRP waitlists by late 2022 / early 2023 and there are plenty of dealers who list their actual asking price even when the availability was extremely limited. I have been watching the BW market since 2022 and might end up getting one next year. I would rather give my business and more comfortable working with a dealership who is transparent and sells their vehicles for list price without any games.

I despise dealer markups and I would NEVER pay them. At the same time, I'm not offended or turned off by a dealer with added markup if I can get a sale at MSRP by doing some negotiating. Since the dawn of time folks have paid different prices for the same good. Instead of getting upset, learn to play the game to your advantage.

These dealers are not for me to run so I don't have to deal with the consequences of their business practices. Additionally, if someone has more money than strategy/patience/gumption and wants to hand over extra $$$ for a BW, that is for them to reconcile.

I despise dealer markups and I would NEVER pay them. At the same time, I'm not offended or turned off by a dealer with added markup if I can get a sale at MSRP by doing some negotiating. Since the dawn of time folks have paid different prices for the same good. Instead of getting upset, learn to play the game to your advantage.

These dealers are not for me to run so I don't have to deal with the consequences of their business practices. Additionally, if someone has more money than strategy/patience/gumption and wants to hand over extra $$$ for a BW, that is for them to reconcile.
Back in early 2022 when I was looking for my 5BW I called several dealers in Arizona and they all had ADMs. One wouldn't even tell me how much it was unless I drove 120 miles to see them. I told all of them, you have my number and call me when you're at MSRP (back then MSRP was as good as it got). Needless to say I never heard back from any of them. The dealer I ordered with locally had no ADM for any of their customers. And that was back in January 2022 when they could have gotten away with it. I won't pay above MSRP because I don't "need" the car to be happy and continue with my life.

Back in early 2022 when I was looking for my 5BW I called several dealers in Arizona and they all had ADMs. One wouldn't even tell me how much it was unless I drove 120 miles to see them. I told all of them, you have my number and call me when you're at MSRP (back then MSRP was as good as it got). Needless to say I never heard back from any of them. The dealer I ordered with locally had no ADM for any of their customers. And that was back in January 2022 when they could have gotten away with it. I won't pay above MSRP because I don't "need" the car to be happy and continue with my life.
Right, its a want, not a need. No one has to pay ADM, they choose to and that is where the blame lies for ADM in the first place.

I'm currently in a similar situation with the GR Corolla. :(
No, not to replace the 5BW, but in addition to it. :)

We just bought 24 Sierra 3500 Denali SRW, same dealer for several trucks didn’t dare ask for more but gave us better price than MSRP. It’s up to dealers to take care of good customers or take them over the coals! Days of negotiation over cars might be over and probably are as dealers have realized WE will pay the price. In the end unless WE STOP buying it will continue.
JM2C

I'm currently in a similar situation with the GR Corolla. :(
No, not to replace the 5BW, but in addition to it.

GR Corolla Core's go for MSRP or less all day long. 2023 Circuit editions are not too hard to find at MSRP, but you may need to put in a little leg work. Two local dealers waived the ADM when they found out I lived here. Same goes for the 2024 Premium. Morizo will be costly.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back