Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

When I was shopping for a Mustang a few years ago, there was a dealer in VA that advertised great prices, but that was before adding in the transportation fee (the thing that's already on the window sticker) and some other nonsense. I explained to the sales manager that you can't remove a manufacturer specified cost, advertise the car at that price and then add it back. He has probably heard that before, but he didn't have a good answer. I bought a car elsewhere, paying more, just on principle.

Knocking off $7K and then adding most of it back is just ridiculous, deceptive and dare I say, immoral.

When I was shopping for a Mustang a few years ago, there was a dealer in VA that advertised great prices, but that was before adding in the transportation fee (the thing that's already on the window sticker) and some other nonsense. I explained to the sales manager that you can't remove a manufacturer specified cost, advertise the car at that price and then add it back. He has probably heard that before, but he didn't have a good answer. I bought a car elsewhere, paying more, just on principle.

Knocking off $7K and then adding most of it back is just ridiculous, deceptive and dare I say, immoral.

I believe that is actually illegal, but good luck filing something with the FTC.

I was car shopping last week looking to replace my Expy. Found one dealer who advertises a $3200 discount, then adds back their $2700 package. Another talks about "lowest prices around", but sells at list and then adds a $5000(!!!!!) package. These dealers are just whores.

I believe that is actually illegal, but good luck filing something with the FTC.

I was car shopping last week looking to replace my Expy. Found one dealer who advertises a $3200 discount, then adds back their $2700 package. Another talks about "lowest prices around", but sells at list and then adds a $5000(!!!!!) package. These dealers are just whores.

What you don’t want nitrogen in your tires!!!?? Lol

Actually, I'm probably ok with that (at $100 or less) and window tint. It's the interior and exterior "protection" packages that I don't want. And now the new thing....some stupid GPS or alarm package. It gets stolen, I don't want to see again anyway. I know they need to make a profit, but I don't NEED or WANT this crap. No disrespect, but half of these dealers techs can't "fix" the dang car, and you have them installing alarms and GPS crap? I mean, just stop it.

What you don’t want nitrogen in your tires!!!?? Lol

I once had a dealer (after I pushed back on it) rationalize his $195 nitrogen fill by saying "I get a lot of calls from people when it gets cold and the TPMS warns them of low pressure. That doesn't happen with nitrogen."

So I'm paying an extra $200 to reduce your phone calls from idiots? That crap annoys me (stupid dealer rationalizations and b.s. excuses).

I've heard (from a friend) that hookers now have a cum cleanup surcharge.
Oh My God Wow GIF

Actually, I'm probably ok with that (at $100 or less) and window tint. It's the interior and exterior "protection" packages that I don't want. And now the new thing....some stupid GPS or alarm package. It gets stolen, I don't want to see again anyway. I know they need to make a profit, but I don't NEED or WANT this crap. No disrespect, but half of these dealers techs can't "fix" the dang car, and you have them installing alarms and GPS crap? I mean, just stop it.
I'm pretty sure for the GPS crap all they do is plug something into the OBD port.
I've heard (from a friend) that hookers now have a cum cleanup surcharge.
Hasn't swallowing always been extra?

I once had a dealer (after I pushed back on it) rationalize his $195 nitrogen fill by saying "I get a lot of calls from people when it gets cold and the TPMS warns them of low pressure. That doesn't happen with nitrogen."

So I'm paying an extra $200 to reduce your phone calls from idiots? That crap annoys me (stupid dealer rationalizations and b.s. excuses).

Also I have no idea where this myth started that Nitrogen does not follow Charles’ Law. The whole nitrogen thing is the greatest scam since whatever elixir was sold to cure baldness, diabeetus, and bad breath. In case you wonder, it is completely useless in a passenger car, particularly so if you live in a location where temperatures don’t get ultra cold.

Also I have no idea where this myth started that Nitrogen does not follow Charles’ Law. The whole nitrogen thing is the greatest scam since whatever elixir was sold to cure baldness, diabeetus, and bad breath. In case you wonder, it is completely useless in a passenger car, particularly so if you live in a location where temperatures don’t get ultra cold.
It's not a myth, filling your tires with pure nitrogen does have benefits: less pressure loss due to permeation, less pressure fluctuations with temperature changes due to lack of water vapor, and less oxidation inside the tire.

Are these benefits worth the cost for the average driver? nope.
Air is already 78% nitrogen.

I've dropped their name a few times on this forum, but I honestly cannot recommend King O'Rourke in Smithtown NY enough. My salesman Howie was great to work with and the finance guy was the least pushy one I've ever encountered. The car was sold at MSRP and the only thing Howie did was "suggest I think about" the tire and wheel package. Zero required dealer add ons. The car got unexpectedly delivered the day I left for vacation and they held it no questions asked for like two weeks until I got back.

I know they have one black auto 5BW in stock now, and quite a few auto 4BWs. They sell every car at MSRP, even the Escalade Vs. If anyone is looking to put in an order for a BW seriously give them a call and ask for Howie, he'll take care of you.

Last edited:
I've dropped their name a few times on this forum, but I honestly cannot recommend King O'Rourke in Smithtown NY enough. My salesman Howie was great to work with and the finance guy was the least pushy one I've ever encountered. The car was sold at MSRP and the only thing Howie did was "suggest I think about" the tire and wheel package. Zero required dealer add ons. The car got unexpectedly delivered the day I left for vacation and they held it no questions asked for like two weeks until I got back.

I know they have one black auto 5BW in stock now, and quite a few auto 4BWs. They sell every car at MSRP, even the Escalade Vs. If anyone is looking to put in an order for a BW seriously give them a call and ask for Howie, he'll take care of you.
Did you end up ordering your vehicle through them or was it one of their stock units? I reached out to them last month and they didn’t have any allocations but would call if they get any. I’m not holding my breath since I’ve heard the same from about 10 different dealers.

Did you end up ordering your vehicle through them or was it one of their stock units? I reached out to them last month and they didn’t have any allocations but would call if they get any. I’m not holding my breath since I’ve heard the same from about 10 different dealers.
I ordered it. Did you talk to Howie? I do know they had quite a few auto 4BWs when I took delivery of my car last week.

I ordered it. Did you talk to Howie? I do know they had quite a few auto 4BWs when I took delivery of my car last week.
Ok that makes sense. No I talked to a woman from their internet sales. Maybe tomorrow I’ll call and try to speak with him. Thanks for the info.

My wife's Mazda had that gps alarm added on the car but since it was NC I assumed it was never installed. The purchasing dealer bought our car on trade. A few weeks after ownership I noticed a small led under the dash.

I assessed the install and it was amateur hour, they hacked the wiring harness up. The 3rd party vendor didn't know what wires to tap and I could see they guessed at a few wires and wrapped electrical tape around them. I removed it myself as I've repaired harnesses before. It took me a few hours to repair the damage they left, I had to solder and heat shrink several wires including the ignition and accessory wires. I was pretty upsetting to see how careless they were with my wife's first new car.

I assessed the install and it was amateur hour, they hacked the wiring harness up. The 3rd party vendor didn't know what wires to tap and I could see they guessed at a few wires and wrapped electrical tape around them. . . . I was pretty upsetting to see how careless they were with my wife's first new car.

I bought my BMW M2 off the showroom floor, it was their kitchen drawer edition with every dealer-installed option they could think of, along with all available port options (carbon fiber, etc.) tacked on. Something stupid like $20K worth of additional crap. One of those items was a built-in radar detector.

A few days after buying the thing, I noticed a horrible rattle in the dash. It never settled down, and I trust dealers zero to fix anything these days, so I dug into it myself. Sure enough, it was a bundle of wires from the radar detector install that were causing the issue. Overall, they seemed to have done a pretty good job installing it, that was the only problem I had with it.

Now, the M2 itself, that was a freakin' nightmare, but we'll not go there, as this is not a BMW forum.

FWIW, we negotiated the price to take off all of those dealer options.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back