Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

@SIX 40 .....I STILL LOVE your car. Love to color combo, especially the blue (Snapper Rocks)! I almost bought an M5 before the BW's, but the dealer (sale guy maybe?) were jerks. Drove a M850i xdrive at a BMW driving event. LOVED that thing too. An outstanding machine.

I have a 22 5BW and also got an allocation for a 23 5BW which I gave up. Decided it was not worth the extra money to move from 22 to 23. The only reason I was thinking of going to a 23 is because my 22 doesn't have PDR. But, there are aftermarket solutions and I decided not to track my car. I'm very confident I could get an allocation for a 2024 if I wanted to.
Big mistake not driving it the way the engineers & god intended. Get a garmin catalyst & get that thing on track to embarrass the mustang & Porsche guys asap

I just bought a new 2023 CT5V-BW/6-spd from Novi Cadillac in Michigan. I'm in NC, so as I write this I am awaiting shipment. They originally offered it to me with their service plan (oil changes) for a few hundred and their paint/interior protection package for $399. They took off the service plan since I'm not local, without complaint, but insisted on keeping the other one there. We all know that this is just ADP, but since their doc fee was more than $400 less than what we routinely pay around here ($700 or more) I didn't push back on it.

So basically, they sold the car to me for MSRP.

If you want a referral, I dealt with Mitch Reese, who seems to be a good guy. I did the whole deal over the phone and email. As I write this, they have 2 CT5s enroute, 4 CT4s in inventory with the 2 automatics discounted $4K.

Big mistake not driving it the way the engineers & god intended. Get a garmin catalyst & get that thing on track to embarrass the mustang & Porsche guys asap

Before I directly respond, let me write that I am a huge proponent of track driving, I think it's a great way to safely enjoy your car, see what both it and you can do, and will make you a better driver (with proper instruction, natch).

However, I did just recently sell my M4 in anticipation of receiving the BW, and I had totally trashed my PS4S tires on that puppy with a rather aggressive weekend at VIR a few months ago. I'm an advanced driver, I used to instruct at HPDE and I can drive fast if I want to. I usually take it kind of easy, but that weekend I was really pushing it, and I toasted $2000 worth of tires. This affected resale, unfortunately, as no one wants a car with a set of tires trashed after only a few thousand miles. I have no one to blame but myself.

So there is that.

Not to mention the risk; your normal insurance is typically void on the track even if it's just a school, and track insurance is not cheap. Plus, of course, even if you are financially reimbursed, you have just dinged up your baby and no one wants that.

I'm actually in that dilemma right now... I've already signed up for and paid in advance for an Audi event coming up, and I'm debating whether or not to do it in my new BW.

Before I directly respond, let me write that I am a huge proponent of track driving, I think it's a great way to safely enjoy your car, see what both it and you can do, and will make you a better driver (with proper instruction, natch).

However, I did just recently sell my M4 in anticipation of receiving the BW, and I had totally trashed my PS4S tires on that puppy with a rather aggressive weekend at VIR a few months ago. I'm an advanced driver, I used to instruct at HPDE and I can drive fast if I want to. I usually take it kind of easy, but that weekend I was really pushing it, and I toasted $2000 worth of tires. This affected resale, unfortunately, as no one wants a car with a set of tires trashed after only a few thousand miles. I have no one to blame but myself.

So there is that.

Not to mention the risk; your normal insurance is typically void on the track even if it's just a school, and track insurance is not cheap. Plus, of course, even if you are financially reimbursed, you have just dinged up your baby and no one wants that.

I'm actually in that dilemma right now... I've already signed up for and paid in advance for an Audi event coming up, and I'm debating whether or not to do it in my new BW.

Doesn't the car come with Cadillac V Performance Academy? Great way to drive one on track without trashing your own car.

You may not have a choice if your car isn't broken in by the time the event happens.

Doesn't the car come with Cadillac V Performance Academy? Great way to drive one on track without trashing your own car.

Excellent point, I forgot about that.

I posted in a different thread, I think... I did an event at Spring Mountain after I bought my C7 Corvette. It's a wonderful facility, great instruction and you will have a blast. Lots of cheap flights to Vegas from almost anywhere.

And as they say, the fastest car is a rental.

So there is that.

I did some quick math and figured it would be a better deal for me to just go to the Spring Mountain Corvette school once in a while. I don’t have any ambitions of becoming a great driver. My eyesight and reflexes are not what they once were. For those that have been track driving since they were young it’s not as much of a problem because the muscle memory part is already established.

Also after I came back from SM I came to the conclusion that the 4BW would be a better track car for me. But I have a 5BW and can’t afford to have both. And obviously that car isn’t going anywhere. Everyone’s situation is different. Shooting is my real hobby and even that I don’t have as much time for as I want.

Me too. What type of shooting do you do. I’m a USPSA guy myself.
Medium range rifle, 600m is my favorite. I do it for relaxation. Of course I also practice defensive handgun. I’m not a group type person. Actually I don’t like people much and tend to do things with one or two close friends or solo.

So there is that.

Summit Point event? Great group.

I pulled this off the Supplier web site. Here is how it is configured.

Jet Black with Jet Black accents, Leather Seating Surfaces
$2,890
Performance data and video recorder
$1,600
19" aluminum alloy wheels with Tech Bronze finish
$1,500
UltraView power sunroof
$1,450
Parking Package
$710
Rift Metallic
$625
Bronze brake calipers
$595
Sueded microfiber steering wheel and shift knob
$300
6-speed manual transmission
NO CHARGE
6.2L Supercharged V8 DI engine
NO CHARGE
EMISSION SYSTEM CALIFORNIA
NO CHARGE
Emissions, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington state requirements
NO CHARGE
SEATS, DRIVER & FRT PASSENGER HEATED
NO CHARGE
SEATS, VENTILATED DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER
NO CHARGE
STEERING WHEEL, HEATED, AUTOMATIC
NO CHARGE
Total Options
$9,670
Total Vehicle and Options
$101,665
Destination Charge
$1,395
MSRP - Total Vehicle Price
$103,060

very interesting
It's listed at that price on the cadillac inventory search as well
sticker attached:
1G6DY5R68P0860580.png

Last edited:
Interesting development, I hope it's a sign of things to come
I see one other MTX 5VBW listed on the cadillac search under MSRP:
Bayway in Woodlands TX has a MTX 5VBW for $2k under MSRP @ $101,755
**HOLD ON - the MSRP is $101,755. I quit
might be a trick - or do they add the gas guzzler tax on outside the sticker?
Much easier to find 5VBWs listed over MSRP :)
%YEAR% %MAKE% %MODEL% For Sale | Cars for Sale in the Woodlands, TX | Bayway Cadillac of The Woodlands
Bayway Cadillac Woodlands likes to add non-negotiable $2995 security fee (stupid tracking app). They also do this often, market a discount but the price is MSRP after discount.

They have (or had) a couple of CT4V BW that qualified for $4k off and the price still reflected MSRP after $4k off lol

Bayway Cadillac Woodlands likes to add non-negotiable $2995 security fee (stupid tracking app). They also do this often, market a discount but the price is MSRP after discount.

They have (or had) a couple of CT4V BW that qualified for $4k off and the price still reflected MSRP after $4k off lol

Bayway also has preposterous dealer add-on fees that they don't advertise. 3 weeks ago they had a CT4V BW on their website and on Autotrader for $65000. I drove up there to see it. They had the dastardly little dealership sticker on the window with "market adjustment" of $5000 and other add-ons that raised the actual price to $85000!!! This is a CT4 BW mind you, that was basically bone stock with very few options. I swore off that dealership instantly upon seeing that.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back