Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer still can't fill my order

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
I haven't been able to yet put my order in with my dealer because he says they haven't received the configurator yet. I'm starting to get a little nervous, giving the limited period of time to switch my deposit to another dealer. Has this been an experience for anyone else? We haven't even discussed pricing being msrp or not yet because he's unresponsive to emails.

Switch dealer immediately as you don't have much time. Order window closes on March 12th.
Most of us have placed order last week and ordering system has available for two weeks now.

I haven't been able to yet put my order in with my dealer because he says they haven't received the configurator yet. I'm starting to get a little nervous, giving the limited period of time to switch my deposit to another dealer. Has this been an experience for anyone else? We haven't even discussed pricing being msrp or not yet because he's unresponsive to emails.
We just placed our order today and the dealer used the global connect system

I agree with all. I placed my order today as well. You need a new dealer ASAP! You still have to deal with the price yet as well.

It's a real pain, the dealer experience really sours me on things, I really like the car but I don't understand why I gotta go so far out of my way for what's basically a free car sale for this dealership. I'm used to dealing with these kind of shenanigans from non-luxury dealerships like volkswagen, but I guess I expected better from what's supposed to be a luxury brand.

I'm pretty easy going but when you're dropping 60+k to be an early adopter I guess I just expected to feel a little more taken care of.

I had to go to the top (VP of Sales) for them to even know what I was talking about and then to get a reply saying that there is a waiting list.... I had to Inform them that I was a reservation holder. Should be placing my order on Monday for a CT5-V B.

I had to go to the top (VP of Sales) for them to even know what I was talking about and then to get a reply saying that there is a waiting list.... I had to Inform them that I was a reservation holder. Should be placing my order on Monday for a CT5-V B.
This dealer knows I'm a reservation holder, I walked into the dealership and he recognized my name as one of two who had reserved with his dealership. We talked a bit about what options I may want and I asked him how I'd go about putting an official order through, and he said that he should be getting them next week, and would contact me then. It's been a week and a half now, and although I was able to get in touch with him yesterday, he said he was still waiting. I was hoping to go in today to actually put the order together and make sure there would be no mark ups, but he never got back to me. At this point I'm calling other dealerships and trying to get it switched in time.

That’s crazy. Cadillac corporate notifies the dealership that we choose.

I would switch dealerships immediately. they either do not know what they are doing, are lying or both.

I would switch dealerships immediately. they either do not know what they are doing, are lying or both.
I will be speaking further with another dealership tomorrow, really hoping I'll be able to put together and order with them, get no markup, and have them transfer the deposit over from the other dealer on Monday (my current dealer is closed on Sundays).

Definitely find another dealer. The configurator in GM's Order Workbench system has been live for almost a month now.

I will be speaking further with another dealership tomorrow, really hoping I'll be able to put together and order with them, get no markup, and have them transfer the deposit over from the other dealer on Monday (my current dealer is closed on Sundays).
When doing a transfer, your deposit with the original dealer will be refunded by them and you are not required to put a deposit down with the new dealer.

When doing a transfer, your deposit with the original dealer will be refunded by them and you are not required to put a deposit down with the new dealer.
I'm just curious, are you sure about this? I'm still waiting to verify this with Cadillac and my contact agreed with me that it doesn't make sense.

Why would you be required to put a $1k deposit down at the time of reservation, but then not be required to do so if you move your reservation to another dealer? It just seems weird to me

I'm just curious, are you sure about this? I'm still waiting to verify this with Cadillac and my contact agreed with me that it doesn't make sense.

Why would you be required to put a $1k deposit down at the time of reservation, but then not be required to do so if you move your reservation to another dealer? It just seems weird to me
Yes, as I’m currently going thru this. I imagine that Cadillac required the initial deposit to filter out the people who weren’t really serious about actually ordering and purchasing a Blackwing from muddying up the process.

So I had asked the dealer who I transferred to if he required a deposit, and he said with all the work I went through to transfer the deposit he trusted that I was a serious buyer so it wasn't necessary. I suspect it's at the transferring dealer's discretion, and they probably would feel the same.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back