Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dashboard Dimming Switch

Orioles128

The dashboard dimming switch to the left of the steering wheel only works when the headlights are off and not when they are on. Is this normal operation or is it faulty?

It's been a while since I messed with this but remember adjusting the brightness while driving at night.

You should definitely be able to dim the cluster with the headlights on. Dark mode and semi-dark mode are two of the coolest interior features on the car.

The 4BW has a daylight sensor that overrides the dimmer switch.

Doesn't matter what mode the headlights are in (on, off, auto, parking lights). If the car thinks it is in daylight it illuminates the dash to daylight settings.

You should definitely be able to dim the cluster with the headlights on. Dark mode and semi-dark mode are two of the coolest interior features on the car.
I'm ashamed to admit this - but I didn't know about these interior lighting modes. Where/how do I select (CT5BW)?

Reactions: CBH
I'm ashamed to admit this - but I didn't know about these interior lighting modes. Where/how do I select (CT5BW)?
At night, turn the dimmer switch all the way dark (dark mode) or one click from dark (semi-dark mode). It makes for a much more relaxing drive at night. 👍

The dashboard dimming switch to the left of the steering wheel only works when the headlights are off and not when they are on. Is this normal operation or is it faulty?
This is opposite of the intended function.

It's ok to admit that you don't know how.
Easy Broheim! Not sure what your problem is with me? Anybody can chime in on internet and talk "Mad Chit" I guess if it makes your cock swell? I drive a 5BW so clearly I'm in a different league than yourself with the 4 if you know what I mean but keep trying "chap" one day you'll get there! Hope, I cheered ya up?

@Throat Yogurt offers us a master class on trolling in the margin.

dalai lama love GIF by The Joy Experiment

I drive a 5BW so clearly I'm in a different league than yourself with the 4 if you know what I mean
Somebody get this man his own elitist forum section... He's obviously too good to commune with us plebs.

I drive a 5BW so clearly I'm in a different league than yourself with the 4 if you know what I mean but keep trying "chap" one day you'll get there!

While you may well be in a different league from The Throat it's not because of the car you drive... if you know what I mean.

Naturally, the rest just follow suit and attack me which is typical of the internet. I am merely replying in the same manner that your dear "Throat Sucker" does to others including me. Why? Have not a clue other than makes his cock swell? So there you go I respond with a stupid "Throat Sucker" comment and without anybody using common or sense or realizing that every comment and appropriate one I have laid out on V-Forum your dearly beloved "Throat Sucker" has attacked me.......keep supporting your Broheim guys your just as classy!

The 4BW has a daylight sensor that overrides the dimmer switch.

Doesn't matter what mode the headlights are in (on, off, auto, parking lights). If the car thinks it is in daylight it illuminates the dash to daylight settings.
This is correct.

keep supporting your Broheim guys your just as classy!
:m

The irony here being that the OP had a legit question/concern wanting feedback, and your impudent arrogant ass comes in here with "Who cares? Just roll down the window" with zero help to the subject matter. Somehow Throat is the jerk for calling you out? Please...

Last edited:
:m

The irony here being that the OP had a legit question/concern wanting feedback, and your impudent arrogant ass comes in here with "Who cares? Just roll down the window" with zero help to the subject matter. Somehow Throat is the jerk for calling you out? Please...
No, the Irony is you quoting something that's not true? I commented about Post #6 and implying don't worry there's enough crap in these vehicles to not know everything I haven't even programmed radio? But no ol' "Throat Sucker" and his boys gotta come keyboard blazin....nothing to do with you holmes?

Cause Throat's comment was soooo egregious and hurtful. :rolleyes:
Yet you're the one talking about being in a different league and "swollen members" eh...

Great... Now I'm arguing semantics with an elitist idiot.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back