Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dark/Night Mode During The Day

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
For the interior screens, sometimes I just want to turn them off. But I can't, apparently, unless the car is detecting that it's nighttime. The thumbwheel does nothing even if I have the headlights on.

The manual says "Move the thumbwheel up or down to brighten or dim the lights. The thumbwheel is functional at night, or when the headlamps or parking lamps are ON."

What am I missing here?

Old post but valid question. You're not missing anything. From what I understand that's how the CT4 photo sensor works - it disables the dimmer during the day. Terrible 'feature' in my opinion.

For the interior screens, sometimes I just want to turn them off. But I can't, apparently, unless the car is detecting that it's nighttime. The thumbwheel does nothing even if I have the headlights on.

The manual says "Move the thumbwheel up or down to brighten or dim the lights. The thumbwheel is functional at night, or when the headlamps or parking lamps are ON."

What am I missing here?

You're not missing anything. Just terrible user interface design.

My '23 Escalade does it right by allowing brightness adjustment in the daytime and the LED's behind the HVAC controls always look perfect regardless of day or night.

Since Cadillac doesn't want to fix the software in the CT4, I was thinking of ways to get around this terrible implementation and thought maybe I could relocate or do something to trick the photo sensor.

Does anyone know where it's located?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners