Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dark Emerald Frost

Barstoolman1127

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4 Blackwing
So, I was wondering….. how many members have Dark Emerald Frost either on their Blackwing 4 or 5? I passed on one in December of last year, primarily because I was worried about chips and general maintenance of the paint. I ended up with Blaze Orange, but since the day I passed on Dark Emerald Frost, the only other ones I have ever seen were two that we’re also at the dealer while purchasing mine.

So, I was wondering….. how many members have Dark Emerald Frost either on their Blackwing 4 or 5? I passed on one in December of last year, primarily because I was worried about chips and general maintenance of the paint. I ended up with Blaze Orange, but since the day I passed on Dark Emerald Frost, the only other ones I have ever seen were two that we’re also at the dealer while purchasing mine.
I passed on one in Dec too from Beverly hills mainly because it was 10A. I saw that car recently and glad I didn't pull the trigger. Supposedly they are easy to maintain but once they get scratched deep or anything happens to it your pretty much left with a repaint.

You can get a full matte PPF but that does slightly change the appearance.

I passed on one in Dec too from Beverly hills mainly because it was 10A. I saw that car recently and glad I didn't pull the trigger. Supposedly they are easy to maintain but once they get scratched deep or anything happens to it your pretty much left with a repaint.

You can get a full matte PPF but that does slightly change the appearance.
So, that’s the same one I almost bought. I was concerned about any small chips, as well as changing the appearance of that gorgeous paint by wrapping it/PPV, just like you.

I saw two Blackwing 5s. in Henderson Nevada where I ended up buying my vehicle….., one MT and one A10. The manual had the full carbon fiber, including, the seat backs. It was awesome!

So, that’s the same one I almost bought. I was concerned about any small chips, as well as changing the appearance of that gorgeous paint by wrapping it/PPV, just like you.

I saw two Blackwing 5s. in Henderson Nevada where I ended up buying my vehicle….., one MT and one A10. The manual had the full carbon fiber, including, the seat backs. It was awesome!
I agree about the seats..

Attachments

• IMG_5806.jpg
    IMG_5806.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5809.jpg
    IMG_5809.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 106
Nothing wrong with a matte finish, and it's cool because it's a factory finish but around here a matte wrap is played out. I see matte finishes weekly and IMO it's going to have that period correct look to it. Like Louvers, pop ups or color matched wheels, etc.

That being said, green is my favorite color and I would have made an exception if it was manual. I loved the way it looks, it's stunning but since I'm keeping my Blackwing for a long time I played it safe. Finding a great paint guy is difficult as it is, and that paint is special so I didn't want to have to worry about it.

Last edited:
I have the Dark Emerald Frost and have just hand washed it. I have several rubber marks from a track day and would like to know the best way to remove them. I'm concerned about the fragile paint but I love the color.

I have the Dark Emerald Frost and have just hand washed it. I have several rubber marks from a track day and would like to know the best way to remove them. I'm concerned about the fragile paint but I love the color.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can't fix it, they do make special matte cleaners and you'd be best to try that but in the end you'll get scratches that won't come out. You can't buff the matte paint, much like a sapphire crystal on a nice watch. Whatever you do be very careful with what you use because it could make it worse. The only way to protect it is Matte PPF. I'd recommend full panel wraps, I would not do half hood or half fenders. Either do it or don't but the longer you wait the more damage you get.

I'm a huge advocate of PPF, IMO it's a miracle product. It's not cheap, but ask yourself how much does it bother you to see pit marks scratches swirls, chips and pin holes?

At the very least get the bumper and headlights done but consider wrapping the hood and fenders, or even the whole car for that matter. It can be done in stages if you do the whole panel.
@Tall Steve could you chime in here and mention what you think of PPF?

I'm a huge advocate of PPF, IMO it's a miracle product. It's not cheap, but ask yourself how much does it bother you to see pit marks scratches swirls, chips and pin holes?

At the very least get the bumper and headlights done but consider wrapping the hood and fenders, or even the whole car for that matter. It can be done in stages if you do the whole panel.
@Tall Steve could you chime in here and mention what you think of PPF?
I agree 100%! It has saved my 5 several times already even with the limited miles I have on her.... With the exception of the "crater" I got on the tollway my car is perfect...

This winter I'm going to take my car back to my guy and let him look at it and see what its going to take to correct it.

I have DEF and I got the whole vehicle wrapped in XPEL Stealth PPF. It has been incredibly easy to take care of.

I think a matte CF1/CF2/CF seat car is going to be mind blowing at auction in a few decades.

At the time, I knew that if I bought that black wing, I would have to wrap it, which probably would be an additional $4000 plus on top of the $4000 plus charge for the DEF. It was just a budget thing. The color is special!

I was set to complete my order with DEF at the end of April '21. My sales man called me and said he was nervous that I might not get it with that color so I balked and changed to Rift. Glad I did today as the matte finish just isn't something I want to have to worry about taking care of so much. Not that I neglect the Rift but maintenance just isn't the same. Still got all the carbon we can dream of in the end.

I took mine in to a high quality shop to get it PPFd. They had 8 bays and besides my car and 2 new untitled red SF90 Stradales, the other 5 bays had 4 of them getting matte PPF. I asked and they said the folks wanting matte were smart to use the matte film as it is hardy and even if you damage it, just take it back in to get that damaged panel rewrapped.

I own a 2022 4v BW with the matte finish DEF / it was slightly used so first thing I did = entire car has clear PPF. Read and heard the stories, decided not to risk it. PPF is transparent so the color shines right thru. Talk about a head turner = car is spectacular in the sun.

Attachments

• 20220508_121547.jpg
    20220508_121547.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
  • 20220820_133445.jpg
    20220820_133445.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 139

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed