Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Current/Former Go-Kart Racers

Tall Steve

Head Goat Herder
Hey guys, I'm currently doing research on purchasing and racing Go-Karts and would like some advise from anyone with experience.. I have not joined any Karting forums yet as I don't know much about them.

I'm looking/thinking about the purchase of a new OTK kart with 100cc...

Thanks!

I've had a few. Down to only a 4 smoker now. The KT100 has been around forever. I am just over doing the premix and external starter. a TAG 4 stroke is where its at for this guy that is sick of rebuilding a 2t. My last KT kart:
nxgb2wG.jpg

KUCbjiR.jpg

gKZnk37.jpg

Cool, I'm thinking about going with the IAME100cc... I have read that a LO206 4 stroke would have less maintenance but was told I would get bored real quick... IDK, I'm doing a lot of research before I pull the trigger and start racing....

Cool, I'm thinking about going with the IAME100cc... I have read that a LO206 4 stroke would have less maintenance but was told I would get bored real quick... IDK, I'm doing a lot of research before I pull the trigger and start racing....
Don't discount the LO206 class. They tend to be large classes, competitive and fun; particularly for people new to the sport and of a certain age. :) The sizes of the class tend to negate the "boredom" aspect.
I ran Karts back in the 70's and our son ran TAG 2-stroke for years with me as the chief mechanic and sponsor. :(
Plus, I would break engines in for fun. We also had a LO206 and the level of maintenance and cost are orders of magnitude less than most 2 strokes.
There is a lot to learn about making a kart handle (everything is backwards from a formula car) and more seat time and less working on it time can be a big benefit.
The IAME 100cc is a nice engine and a bit easier to tune than a Yamaha but there is still an art to the process. You can always sell an LO206 and my suggestion would be to start there and see where it goes. I know several people that started in 2 stroke classes that moved to LO206 and are spending far less money and having far more fun.
Just my 2 cents worth. Bottom line is that it is a blast!
Our son in the 199 kart.

Attachments

• IKC Conseco 2011 108.jpg
    IKC Conseco 2011 108.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Don't discount the LO206 class. They tend to be large classes, competitive and fun; particularly for people new to the sport and of a certain age. :) The sizes of the class tend to negate the "boredom" aspect.
I ran Karts back in the 70's and our son ran TAG 2-stroke for years with me as the chief mechanic and sponsor. :(
Plus, I would break engines in for fun. We also had a LO206 and the level of maintenance and cost are orders of magnitude less than most 2 strokes.
There is a lot to learn about making a kart handle (everything is backwards from a formula car) and more seat time and less working on it time can be a big benefit.
The IAME 100cc is a nice engine and a bit easier to tune than a Yamaha but there is still an art to the process. You can always sell an LO206 and my suggestion would be to start there and see where it goes. I know several people that started in 2 stroke classes that moved to LO206 and are spending far less money and having far more fun.
Just my 2 cents worth. Bottom line is that it is a blast!
Our son in the 199 kart.
Thank you @Mike Martz for your information! I'm all over the map still as to what I want to run. I looked into the DD2 class for a little bit but decided against that for sure... The club/track I will run have all classes and believe it or not a few guys my age is running the Master 100 class.

I've been to the track several times asking a ton of questions and everyone there is extremely helpful, also I'm currently on a weight loss/fitness program to lose weight where I can get my big butt in a seat and be able to handle the driving..

For my height they can add a "front porch" extension for the paddles. I'm really leaning towards the OTK LN cart so now the engine choice is next... As I'm lazy and don't like to get my hands dirty I will probably have the track mechanic do all my work and upkeep..

I'm going to pull the trigger the first of the year after I get in shape and have all the money saved, as you know the initial investment is big so I want to be prepared...

Thanks again!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners