Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct5v Battery charger/maintaner

Mikey_hux

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hi All,

I purchased the following battery maintaner;

NOCO GENIUS2D, 2A Direct-Mount Onboard Car Battery Charger, 12V Automotive Charger, Battery Maintainer, Trickle Charger, Float Charger and Desulfator for Marine, ATV, Truck and Deep Cycle Batteries https://a.co/d/9gFuHXe

I was looking at the trunk but the battery opening is very small. How did you guys able to install the device? The hot wire is even covered and not enough space to remove the cover.

Attachments

• IMG_9053.jpeg
    IMG_9053.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
I've only used these on boat motors, not the Blackwing yet. Can you use it with the remote battery terminal under the hood?

I've only used these on boat motors, not the Blackwing yet. Can you use it with the remote battery terminal under the hood?
I actually saw this device from the forum. I’ll have to take a look the engine bay. I just thought it would have been perfect by the battery itself.

For my purposes I find under hood to be ideal. I don't want to try to close the trunk and pinch the extension cord.

I connected to the under hood jumper lugs. The ground lug unscrews and just remove the + nut. Super easy and clean if you take time to hide wires. I mounted mine below the ground lug, you can see the blurry green led in that shot.

Attachments

• 20230820_170507.jpg
    20230820_170507.jpg
    943.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230820_170543.jpg
    20230820_170543.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • 20230820_170604.jpg
    20230820_170604.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 61
For my purposes I find under hood to be ideal. I don't want to try to close the trunk and pinch the extension cord.

I connected to the under hood jumper lugs. The ground lug unscrews and just remove the + nut. Super easy and clean if you take time to hide wires. I mounted mine below the ground lug, you can see the blurry green led in that shot.
This is awesome. So while plugged in the hood is a bit open or completely open? When you can can you please send me a blow out picture. It’s kind of hard to see where the connections are.

Can the device get wet under the hood?

This is awesome. So while plugged in the hood is a bit open or completely open? When you can can you please send me a blow out picture. It’s kind of hard to see where the connections are.

I forgot to ask where did you hide the power cord under the hood?

I mounted a CTEK harness directly to the battery in the trunk. In order to get to the terminals, you do have to pull the side panel off, which is a bit of a pain but easily doable with a little time. The wire isn't pinched by the trunk closing since the seal is very soft and pliable. I thought about going to the engine bay, but felt the trunk area was a bit cleaner and it was closer to an outlet for me, so I didn't have as much power wire across the floor.

I mounted a CTEK harness directly to the battery in the trunk. In order to get to the terminals, you do have to pull the side panel off, which is a bit of a pain but easily doable with a little time. The wire isn't pinched by the trunk closing since the seal is very soft and pliable. I thought about going to the engine bay, but felt the trunk area was a bit cleaner and it was closer to an outlet for me, so I didn't have as much power wire across the floor.
Thank you.

@Mikey_hux

It's rated IP65, so its designed to go under hood and get wet like anything else under there. I leave my hood shut to the safety latch setting. Everything is located in the driver side front, right where the red power block is.

Some folks are uncomfortable with the remote mount, so find a suitable location that you're comfortable with. The load going through cables intended to transfer 100's of amps in the case of a jump start are more than cable of transferring a max 2 amp load...I mean look at the 16ga wires coming out of the maintainer.

@Mikey_hux

It's rated IP65, so its designed to go under hood and get wet like anything else under there. I leave my hood shut to the safety latch setting. Everything is located in the driver side front, right where the red power block is.

Some folks are uncomfortable with the remote mount, so find a suitable location that you're comfortable with. The load going through cables intended to transfer 100's of amps in the case of a jump start are more than cable of transferring a max 2 amp load...I mean look at the 16ga wires coming out of the maintainer.
Thak you so much

Sewell installed mine as a courtesy because I'm the GoatFather..
IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

I removed the trunk liner to get full access to the battery. I mounted my NOCO in the trunk.

Many years ago, I purchased a kit like this one for the plastic clips.

View attachment 21216
That looks nice and neat. How did you remove the trunk liner? which pins? can you please send me pictures? im going to purchase the one you recommended for tools.

That looks nice and neat. How did you remove the trunk liner? which pins? can you please send me pictures? im going to purchase the one you recommended for tools.
Sorry, I'm away from my BW until October. Honestly, you would just remove the ones that look like they are in the way. You don't have to remove the whole thing, just 4-5 that are on that side. It's flexible, so you can bend it out of the way, remove the cover, install the NOCO wires, and re-attach the cover. The NOCO wires fit nicely under the cover.

That's not the exact kit I have (I bought mine twenty years ago), but it has the same tools.

Sorry, I'm away from my BW until October. Honestly, you would just remove the ones that look like they are in the way. You don't have to remove the whole thing, just 4-5 that are on that side. It's flexible, so you can bend it out of the way, remove the cover, install the NOCO wires, and re-attach the cover. The NOCO wires fit nicely under the cover.

That's not the exact kit I have (I bought mine twenty years ago), but it has the same tools.
Perfect. Will give it a try.

Thank you.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop