Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V CT5BW - should tall guys get the high performance seats?

CT5-V Model

nordique14

I was watching the C&D 40k test wrap up video. Around the 9:45min mark there is a comment that the high performance seats (with the fixed headrests) would be annoying to tall drivers (6'5" or above). If any tall guys have those seats, I would love to hear your thoughts. The local dealerships do not have a BW with those seats I can do a test fit in.

In addition to that question, I am also wondering whether the high performance seats sit lower than the regular performance seats. Being on the far end of the tall spectrum, I found that I would prefer more headroom if I could get it. Especially for going to the track with a helmet. Leg room was more than sufficient.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

I’m 6’6 with the carbon buckets and don’t have any complaints after almost 19k miles on the car. (Fine with a helmet and HANS on as well).

I'm 6'4" 225#s. My dad's 6'4" 290#s. We don't fit in Miatas, Corvettes, etc. etc. Our CT5-V BW high-performance seats were fantastic on our 4500 mi. road trip and I disagree w/ C&D. I didn't plan on the seat upgrade, we just sort of .. ended up with it. The seats are still awesome today. I have a sunroof and there is lots of headroom. Helmet is a non-issue, Also the sunroof concern is less a problem on CT5s. It's definitely an issue on CT4s though. Try sitting in both - it doesn't have to be a blackwing to see. P.S. You're going to want the steering wheel to adjust rearward more but you get used to it.

I will try to find a BW with the high performance seats to sit in. But the 2 Cadillac dealerships near me are small. Only one even had a BW in stock to sit in and it had the base seats.

6'5 250 with the high performance seats. I think the bigger issue for taller people is the headroom. I really wanted no sunroof, and I would've ordered that way. The car I bought popped up with 2k miles with everything I wanted but it had a sunroof and I couldn't let it go. I have a good amount of room and I don't think it would be an issue with a helmet but I haven't tried it yet.

That would be some pic for all the forum members to see. What are you do to get out of your car? I imagine using the jaws of life! Lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back