Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V CT5-V BW/Camaro Same Suspension?

CT5-V Model

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
I was at the track last weekend talking to bunch of Camaro guys about the Blackwing. Everyone recommended using the SPL upper control arms and eccentric lockout kit because the Camaros are notorious for the alignment shifting on track. It doesn't appear that SPL lists anything specifically for the BW but does anyone know if the upper control arms and the toe links are the same between the 5BW and gen 6 Camaro?

BW has a totally different suspension afaik.

I was at the track last weekend talking to bunch of Camaro guys about the Blackwing. Everyone recommended using the SPL upper control arms and eccentric lockout kit because the Camaros are notorious for the alignment shifting on track. It doesn't appear that SPL lists anything specifically for the BW but does anyone know if the upper control arms and the toe links are the same between the 5BW and gen 6 Camaro?

While there may be a few parts in common, I would suspect the layout, geometry and components to be VERY different.

6th Gen Camaro is Alpha, not Alpha 2, Wheelbase is different, and BW has MRC4 vs older version for Camaro.

I noticed that while the TR-6060 is the same unit, the rear diff looks completely different than the 1LE/ZL1 diff.

I've owned a SS 1LE for 5 years and track 9-12 times per year. The only time I can confirm needing a alignment is after Sebring weekends. And everybody needs an alignment after Sebring. :D

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back