Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 V Blackwing

I still have my 997.2 turbo S which I got a few years ago when the prices were not too crazy. Had thoughts about selling it but glad I kept it. It's a "higher mileage" (at least for a 911) driver which I enjoy a lot on local 2 hr weekend drives with a small Porsche group. I ended up selling my Golf R manual for my 5 BW manual and tbh I find the BW so much more engaging and fun to drive vs the Golf R inspite of the almost 1000 lb weight difference.

Question for 911 guys... I was talking to my wife last night about wanting a 911 and she looked at me and said you wont fit in it.... So, is there room inside for a big guy?

Question for 911 guys... I was talking to my wife last night about wanting a 911 and she looked at me and said you wont fit in it.... So, is there room inside for a big guy?
Yeah surprisingly good head room since it has a good greenhouse and good space in the cabin. Maybe if you spec one without sunroof it might help a little bit

Last edited:
I'll chime in. I had 3 911s among other things before I got the BW. I should have kept #2 911 the 2021 992. It has been my favorite car which is why I got #4 the 2023 992. While I found the blackwing fun to drive I did not think the cockpit was as comfortable and just never fully connected with it. Also as I told one of my friends, I never walked out in the garage and just stared at the car. With the 911s all the time. I think, for me, it is the perfect car.
Should we tell @Tall Steve about the Porsche tax?

Porsche tax is when you are charged a special fee any goods or services because you own a "PORSH". It can happen anywhere, when you least expect it.

It's happened to me a few times over the year. I feel that most of the oe parts are priced reasonably, it's the labor that usually gets inflated. At least $165 an hr at an indy shop and sometimes $230 an hour for labor rates at a dealership. Depends on where you live.

Part of the reason dealer labor rates are so expensive is because all Porsche techs are capable of doing all services from oil changes to transmission work, electrical diagnostics, etc.

What have others experienced or paid for labor rates?

I would avoid bucket seats
I was at a steak house when I was leaving the valet points to a Porsche Turbo and says do you believe that NFL OL came in that car with his DL buddy. If they can fit anyone can!

6'3"; 200; have owned 996, 997, and 991 turbos with no issue.. However, I once sat in the backseat and experienced extreme claustrophobia.

6'3"; 200; have owned 996, 997, and 991 turbos with no issue.. However, I once sat in the backseat and experienced extreme claustrophobia.
I’m 5”6 and I tried sitting behind in a 911 and laughed. Guess they are for kids and munchkin people.

^^^ we should not even say it has a back seat...infants and little dogs only.
Good luck getting a baby seat back there, I guess it's possible

We all have a process for making choices when it comes to cars and we are living in the best days for highly refined enthusiast options. In life I've always appreciated the unassuming low profile character that proceeds to kick everyone's ass <pick your scenario>. I think that is what draws me to sleeper vehicles like the SS and Blackwing. A bright red Z06 is an incredible performance vehicle, but its 100% not me and I wouldn't enjoy the intangible elements of the ownership experience.

^^^ we should not even say it has a back seat...infants and little dogs only.
Only one passenger has ridden in mine and he told me he has just enough room… meet Ted 😁
2ED0372B-0FFB-439E-B713-968F38DB1F33.jpeg

I owned a '17 991.2 C4S manual last year, I had it for a month, I did not like the car. Nowhere to put a water bottle (the cup holder is designed for a small cup of coffee, nothing more). The manual had rev hang which ruined the driving experience.

A Blackwing and a 911 are different vehicles, one is a sports sedan the other is a sports car. Unless you get a GT3, one also sounds very meh (turbos) the other sounds amazing. If you want two sporty vehicles an AWD 911 would be a great contrast to a Blackwing manual (at least for me because snow) but I personally need my sports cars to sound the part and the entire current 911 lineup minus the GT3 does not deliver on this.

I decided to keep my Corvette as my sports car and the Blackwing as my sports sedan. Unless you really want a 911 just because its a 911, I'd probably get a C8 over any current 911 that isn't a GT3, it would be cheaper, sound better and be even more comfortable unless you want a premium manual sports car then you would have no choice but to get a 911. Badge snobbery aside anyway.

Maybe I'd have enjoyed a 992 more then a 991.2 but they cost so much now I just can't justify it.

Your mileage may vary.

I owned a '17 991.2 C4S manual last year, I had it for a month, I did not like the car. Nowhere to put a water bottle (the cup holder is designed for a small cup of coffee, nothing more). The manual had rev hang which ruined the driving experience.

A Blackwing and a 911 are different vehicles, one is a sports sedan the other is a sports car. Unless you get a GT3, one also sounds very meh (turbos) the other sounds amazing. If you want two sporty vehicles an AWD 911 would be a great contrast to a Blackwing manual (at least for me because snow) but I personally need my sports cars to sound the part and the entire current 911 lineup minus the GT3 does not deliver on this.

I decided to keep my Corvette as my sports car and the Blackwing as my sports sedan. Unless you really want a 911 just because its a 911, I'd probably get a C8 over any current 911 that isn't a GT3, it would be cheaper, sound better and be even more comfortable unless you want a premium manual sports car then you would have no choice but to get a 911. Badge snobbery aside anyway.

Maybe I'd have enjoyed a 992 more then a 991.2 but they cost so much now I just can't justify it.

Your mileage may vary.
Nor can you get one. I’ve been on the list at my local Porsche dealer for 2 years just to order a car, and because I don’t “have a relationship” with them other customers that buy cars and keep them for a couple of months and then trade out of them keep jumping the line basically, and getting new allocations or incoming inventory. So…yeah…there’s that part.

Even if I had money to do that sort of thing I don’t know that I could. Feels kind of “extortion-y.” Purchasing a flight of Porsches working my way all the way up from a Macan just so that I can eventually purchase a Carrera S and taking the depreciation on each…? I have to draw the line somewhere…but in this case…my bank account is making the final call 😬. If I DO ever decide to get out of my Cadillac (which is awesome so it would take a lot) it probably won’t be for one of those. The experience has kind of soured me on the brand…

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back