Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 V Blackwing

I was able to trade mine in for a 911 for $102K plus I got the tax benefit as well. With the markup I paid $109 for mine and it had a sticker of about $93K. So I broke even and got into what I really wanted at the end of the day.

Yep numbers are tanking.
What were your expectations coming out of a free money pandemic and entering a recession? Cars like this have a value curve and for now, we're on the normal declining value side of the curve.

My opinion is that there is a attractive incentive for manufacturers to continue to leverage our FOMO tendencies by creating niche ICE enthusiast vehicles and charge a premium for them. I've sold myself on a $100k sedan by believing this is the last of its kind and resale will be solid, but ROI is not why I bought this car. I bought it because it's the car I dreamed of as a kid, before anything close to this even existed, or could exist. If something more amazing comes out, that is for "Future Jon" to worry about. Today Jon is living in the moment with todays best super sedan.

VIVA Cadillac!

Last edited:
Yep you are correct. My trade was 3.2k less than what I paid (tax ~2k not included). With the trade and a previous car I sold my dealer I saved ~9k on tax so I was ok with that.

Seems to be largely dealer dependent. What I have noticed before with my Porsche dealer is they don’t markup trades a whole lot. My Q8 was only 1.5k more when they listed it.

I should add I paid MSRP for the 911.
That's great to hear, because the dealer I went to last week was charging 75K over MSRP for a 911......

I talked to Park Place last week and that's where I will be doing business in the future

That's great to hear, because the dealer I went to last week was charging 75K over MSRP for a 911......

I talked to Park Place last week and that's where I will be doing business in the future
That’s messed up…

Used BW's are depreciating in what I always called the "Dead Cat Bounce". Once the cars have been bought/delivered in large enough numbers.....their trade in value will fall like a dead cat. You see it with very expensive super cars especially. You can get a $400,000 Maybach for 75-100k with no miles on it. Bentleys and Rolls Royces, same. The first buyer is the sucker who eats the depreciation. But, when you have THAT kind of money....I'm pretty sure that they don't really care.

I suppose it would depend on the 911, if it was a gt car then maybe. I still don't agree with it nor would I pay it even if I could afford it.

They can keep that. I paid $100k for my 2018 carrera S with 5k miles.
Yeah that's the sweet spot, a few years old. I bought my 2010 Cayman for $35k with 4k mi CPO one owner in 2014.

Everything is down on the resale market - cars, houses, etc - people are not spending money the way they were a year ago

local dealer waitlist is down to 3 ppl for a 5bw..

They received an allocation yesterday and can't reach anyone on the list.. If noone responds by Saturday, I'll get the allocation. They had a 5BW delivered a few weeks back and the the buyer backed out.. Unfortunately it was the wrong color and transmission.

I believe we are in the eye of the storm here. The number of cars produced over the past few years will result in a continued shortage and upward price pressure on used vehicles over the next few years. Production still is not fixed and will exacerbate the the supply imbalance.

Interest rates won't be high forever.. And for the sake of my $TLT bet, hopefully rates not much higher from here.

I agree with the 'dead cat bounce' theory.. I think prices soften and then trend back upward over the next few years. Similar to 911's [ in 'normal' times ].

e.

I agree with the 'dead cat bounce' theory.. I think prices soften and then trend back upward over the next few years. Similar to 911's [ in 'normal' times ].

Well dead cat bounce would mean prices recover for a small uptick and then fall off a cliff forever.

We may see that too with Blackwings.

Usually cars that appreciate in value are unexpected and unpopular during their production runs.

In normal times Porsche 911s depreciate. I remember you could get a 997.1 carrera S for 34k, I test drove one. You could also get a 997 GT3 for like 70ish K. The only 911s that didn't depreciate were the very limited production ones. 458 Italias were down to 150k or less.

There has been a used enthusiast car bubble for alot longer now than the general used car bubble. I'm hoping that pops and I'll take advantage of it.

I got a list of cars I should have moved on but didn't.

1997 Green Supra Turbo anniversary edition for 28k, with 81k miles (auto though)

2004 S2000 AP2 for 14k with 50K miles or so.

Various nice FD RX7s for around the 12 to 14k mark.

A couple of NSXs in the mid 20s.

Forementioned 997.1 Carrera S for 35k

I'm sure there are many others I can't remember.

Well dead cat bounce would mean prices recover for a small uptick and then fall off a cliff forever.
fair enough.. a 'schrodinger cat' bounce. In any case, I think we see prices and demand soften here and if we come out the other side of ww3 intact, prices trend back up. And if we don't, nothing much matters.

But I digress, If I am able to get back into a BW5 here it wont be for ROI it will be for fun-to-drive.

My ROI is like Schrodinger's cat because I'm not selling my 5BW so therefore the investment is both terrible and amazing.

Do you miss your BW? Or is the 911 what u were ultimately seeking?
They can keep that. I paid $100k for my 2018 carrera S with 5k miles.

Do you miss your BW? Or is the 911 what u were ultimately seeking?
I'll chime in. I had 3 911s among other things before I got the BW. I should have kept #2 911 the 2021 992. It has been my favorite car which is why I got #4 the 2023 992. While I found the blackwing fun to drive I did not think the cockpit was as comfortable and just never fully connected with it. Also as I told one of my friends, I never walked out in the garage and just stared at the car. With the 911s all the time. I think, for me, it is the perfect car.

I have also had the pleasure of owning 3 911's. Most recently a 997.2 turbo i sold for the BW. Wanting to experience the v8 manual usa life.

However, reading these posts has me browsing the oft overlooked 911 4GTS / GTS 7spd as an alternative. =/

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back