Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 V Blackwing

I'll chime in. I had 3 911s among other things before I got the BW. I should have kept #2 911 the 2021 992. It has been my favorite car which is why I got #4 the 2023 992. While I found the blackwing fun to drive I did not think the cockpit was as comfortable and just never fully connected with it. Also as I told one of my friends, I never walked out in the garage and just stared at the car. With the 911s all the time. I think, for me, it is the perfect car.
After looking at Porsche lately I can totally see this...... The 911 is a beautiful car with sexy lines! I would have to save for a few years to be able to afford one..... I'm jelly!

local dealer waitlist is down to 3 ppl for a 5bw..

They received an allocation yesterday and can't reach anyone on the list.. If noone responds by Saturday, I'll get the allocation. They had a 5BW delivered a few weeks back and the the buyer backed out.. Unfortunately it was the wrong color and transmission.

I believe we are in the eye of the storm here. The number of cars produced over the past few years will result in a continued shortage and upward price pressure on used vehicles over the next few years. Production still is not fixed and will exacerbate the the supply imbalance.

Interest rates won't be high forever.. And for the sake of my $TLT bet, hopefully rates not much higher from here.

I agree with the 'dead cat bounce' theory.. I think prices soften and then trend back upward over the next few years. Similar to 911's [ in 'normal' times ].

e.
It's also likely that those 3 people are on multiple wait lists. The list of people on the tracker has fallen a lot both for people waiting on already produced cars as well as for people waiting to flip out of 1100. I think all of that implies that most of the enthusiast demand has already been satisfied and prices will come back to earth.

When I was in highschool my friend used to drive his father's 911 SC targa in slate blue metallic.

One day he threw me the keys and let me drive it on my own. I took it out on a 50mph road and nearly lost the rear end, but I regained control of it and it was quite a rush.

I test drove a 997.1 Carrera and I liked it lot but dealers didn't want to move on the price and they tried to hose me on an extended warranty (in case the IMS issue came up) so I went for a 987.2 Cayman to avoid that issue all together. I figured it would be a stepping stone but the 997s kept going up and up. It was the car I had before I met my wife. I made so many memories driving it with my wife that it's becoming more difficult to sell from an emotional standpoint.

Was at my local dealer today and they have a 23 5BW for sale at MSRP that came in two days ago and the buyer backed out. Has CF1 and CF2, but unfortunately an A10.

The Scarlett letter^^^^WTF is unfortunate about that sir! LOL!

With all due respect.

What does that's unfortunate mean?

unlucky

: not fortunate : unlucky. : showing, accompanied by, or resulting in misfortune. an unfortunate experience. unfortunate investments. : unsuitable, infelicitous. Really?

Do you miss your BW? Or is the 911 what u were ultimately seeking?
Actually don’t miss that car one bit. I made a bad mistake by buying the Blackwing on a whim. The 911 was truly the car for me and I should have passed on the V especially with the markup. I will never pay a markup again. The Blackwing was my second V ( had an 09 as well) with a stick. It was fun but, The PDK is truly amazing and you can’t beat a 911. The car just never gets old.

I'll chime in. I had 3 911s among other things before I got the BW. I should have kept #2 911 the 2021 992. It has been my favorite car which is why I got #4 the 2023 992. While I found the blackwing fun to drive I did not think the cockpit was as comfortable and just never fully connected with it. Also as I told one of my friends, I never walked out in the garage and just stared at the car. With the 911s all the time. I think, for me, it is the perfect car.
I am so on the same page with you. 911‘s are just the sweet spot. What also bothered me about the Blackwing was unless you were a car person, everyone looked at it as grandpa‘s Cadillac. No one knew what the hell it was but me.

What also bothered me about the Blackwing was unless you were a car person, everyone looked at it as grandpa‘s Cadillac. No one knew what the hell it was but me.
Different strokes. That is exactly what I adore about the Blackwing. I hate attention and prefer people don't know what it is. Which is why I will likely never own a Porsche or Corvette.

If you can get a Blackwing you can probably find and get a Porsche. You get what you want, how you want because you can.

Entry level like a Rolex, but you can get one. If you choose too. The peasants out here have a dog in the fight!

Different strokes. That is exactly what I adore about the Blackwing. I hate attention and prefer people don't know what it is. Which is why I will likely never own a Porsche or Corvette.

+1

Exactly why I love the Blackwing as well. Debadged now, too. :)

Get a 911 instead. Believe me you won’t regret it.

🤔
Really,
Comparing a rear engine 96in wheelbase 3200lb coupe to a 116in wheelbase 4100lb full size sedan is a poor comparison.

Why not compare a Lamborghini Urus to a 5BW. They both have blown v8s with around 650+ hp/tq.
They serve different purposes and one can be better than another or vice versa. Would I use an impact driver or a cordless drill in this situation?

My opinion, get both.

I am so on the same page with you. 911‘s are just the sweet spot. What also bothered me about the Blackwing was unless you were a car person, everyone looked at it as grandpa‘s Cadillac. No one knew what the hell it was but me.
Why care what other people think? Waste of time and energy. The only people I care what they think are people I trust and respect. And that is earned, not given away.

We each earn, in our own ways....Respect is always given, until it's lost, or taken.

You would be surprised how little attention a 911 brings. Unless of course you are the dude in the drivethru window or that older lady at the grocery store LOL. Seriously though it's just another car just one I happen to like better. Don't even get me started on my GTI. I freaking love that car!!! I actually drove it more than the BW. I've probably figured out finally I like smaller, lighter cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back