Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 V Blackwing

Dealer got greedy and is going to take it in the shorts. If you go to AutoTrader and look at new 5 BW and sort by price, lowest ones start at $90.x. Do the same sort for used 5 BWs and lowest starts around $104K (as of yesterday.) Interest rates have caught up to new car sales but many sitting on used units haven't figured it out yet. By the time they do, prices will be even softer.

These cars are not doing well in general on the wholesale or trade in market. I got a number on my 70 mile 2022 CT4V blackwing with every option including CF1 and CF2 and the number is $62K and the sticker on my car was 78K. Its ugly on the depreciation.......

These cars are not doing well in general on the wholesale or trade in market. I got a number on my 70 mile 2022 CT4V blackwing with every option including CF1 and CF2 and the number is $62K and the sticker on my car was 78K. Its ugly on the depreciation.......
May I ask why you are looking to get rid of it after 70 miles?

Wow that’s pretty bad. Yep numbers are tanking.

Are the really bad numbers coming from CT4 BWs? And also auto?

Are the really bad numbers coming from CT4 BWs? And also auto?
I looked at trading my 4BW with 11K miles, fully loaded (auto), and was offered 55K o_O.. I told sales guy no thank you and walked out....

I'm now glad I didn't trade it because after driving my Honda Civic all last week in bad weather and now back in my BW I missed her badly...

How much of it do you think is tied to the actual vehicle versus the speculative nature of the used car market right now? I would imagine people are afraid of used vehicle prices settling back to normal, and in which case, most dealerships would then be sitting on a pile of inventory that they paid too much for.

@Tall Steve, I'd be curious to see if you'd get a similarly offensive offer on your Civic if you tried to trade that in. (Not that it's worth your time to do so, it'd just be an interesting data point.)

@Tall Steve, I'd be curious to see if you'd get a similarly offensive offer on your Civic if you tried to trade that in. (Not that it's worth your time to do so, it'd just be an interesting data point.)
I will be exploring that idea at the end of the year.... My wife and I keep going back and forth about what model of Macan to purchase so when we get that worked out around October we will order her a new one and trade the Honda........

If the trade does not work out I will keep it, sell it outright, or as my wife wants to do, give it to someone that needs a car...I don't really like that idea....

I wonder what a CT5 BW manual trade in now tracks.

I read that the values of all used cars are coming down right now. Even the new car market is slow, partially due to the usual winter slow down, higher rates and most people don't want to buy anything "big ticket" now due to the economy. Another issue is what might happen to Carvana. If they go out of business, it would flood the market and crush prices more.

I also think we’re nearing the point where just about everyone that wanted a Blackwing has one (except me) 😂
Maybe you will get a smoking deal now!! Not like you have been slumming it in that amazing M5 ;-)

Not surprised at all, particularly for a 4. There is a lot of competition for that car. I love it, and think it is a much better driver than an M3 or Giulia Quad. I had my 4 Blackwing for 2 months and sold it to a local dealer at 5k over MSRP, which got me to break even after taxes and things.

Not as much competition for a 5, especially with the manual. That car is always going to be OK value wise. Especially in the years to follow after it is discontinued (which I now hear will not be any time soon).

@TK42ONE traded his for a 911 I believe.....

Yep you are correct. My trade was 3.2k less than what I paid (tax ~2k not included). With the trade and a previous car I sold my dealer I saved ~9k on tax so I was ok with that.

Seems to be largely dealer dependent. What I have noticed before with my Porsche dealer is they don’t markup trades a whole lot. My Q8 was only 1.5k more when they listed it.

I should add I paid MSRP for the 911.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop