Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

Also would love headers! The stock exhaust is pretty good and I love the valves. Also would like a better intake pipe that doesn't have the breather on it. I feel like it takes away from the supercharger whine. Also not sure why no other companies make drop in intake filters. So another option would be nice. Maybe everybody can blow k&n emails up, I have reached out several times. I was going to try a larger throttle body and see if the ECU picks it up. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Also I had MGW short shifter on my C7 Z06 that was amazing. Would love a option for this.
I had 2 MGW's on (2) different GT500's and loved them. Build quality is second to none, IMO

Not sure if it's needed in this thread, but somebody.... I had seen did a 60-130 in their A10 CT5 BW and it did 8.01 in OK D.A (12XX ft).

I'm in. I do have a few passes under my belt. My '16 CTS-V ran a best 10.33. Here's a 10.66 run.
I got quite a few 10.5xx passes in my 18 v also! We can line up the audi and the blackwing! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 68
Any updates !? What you guys cooking up!?Holding my horses. trying to avoid pulling my supercharger and sending it off to be ported.

Any updates !? What you guys cooking up!?Holding my horses. trying to avoid pulling my supercharger and sending it off to be ported.
We have a CT5-V Blackwing in house now. On December 6 we are planning to make some baseline pulls, look things over in detail and create a list of parts we intend to develop. :)

Dropping her off for a Kong SC and a Nick Williams103mm throttle body, satin silver finish. She is going to put on the dynojet prior to mods and then after. I'll let you guys/gals know what kind of results we get.

Late Model in Houston? Interested to see how the OEM ECU deals with the TB.

As @WONT TAP starts poking the -4's and -5's, I wonder if they will share what the limits of the adaptability of the GM Global B are. Supposedly the -5 has a Wideband O2 from the factory. Does the -4?

We've apparently seen the -5 adjust to a ported blower. But throws codes for downpipes in the -4.

As @WONT TAP starts poking the -4's and -5's, I wonder if they will share what the limits of the adaptability of the GM Global B are. Supposedly the -5 has a Wideband O2 from the factory. Does the -4?

We've apparently seen the -5 adjust to a ported blower. But throws codes for downpipes in the -4.
Yes, the CT4-V Blackwings have dual wideband oxygen sensors as well.

Unfortunately all these cars will set DTCs for catalyst inefficiency when you remove the factory cats.

Late Model in Houston? Interested to see how the OEM ECU deals with the TB.
Hey MatthewAMEL, my speed shop here in Houston is Motorsports Technologies Inc. (MTI). They have had no issues with the Kong X and NW 103mm TB on the 5BW's. According to Greg, the owner of Kong, this combo has been done throughout the country on 5BW's with no issues. I'll provide good feedback after the installation.

Hey MatthewAMEL, my speed shop here in Houston is Motorsports Technologies Inc. (MTI). They have had no issues with the Kong X and NW 103mm TB on the 5BW's. According to Greg, the owner of Kong, this combo has been done throughout the country on 5BW's with no issues. I'll provide good feedback after the installation.
How many BW5's could he have done so far considering theres only a couple thousand in the world? Maybe you meant the LT4? I'm eager to upgrade for more power too but want to be positive its worth it, and safe obviously.

I'm skeptical on the real-world gains of the ported blower without at tune. Yes, I saw the YT video where the car picked up 60 rwhp, but FishinV ran pretty much the same time as the ported blower car (within .10) with slicks and an otherwise stock car.

Equal cars with a ~60 hp advantage should be multiple tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back