Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW CAI - Finally

An intake that would make a sound like this possible would be worth a few hundred in my opinion even if no power gain.
Is that just an intake or does it also have an aftermarket SC lid? I know both the DSX and MPI lids allow for a substantial increase in SC whine over stock.

God I feel old...

but hey.. Bubb Rubb & Lil Sis approved. Absolute classic.

I remember watching this when it first came out. I laughed so hard at that dude with the WOOO WOOOOOOO and it's still hilarious.

An intake that would make a sound like this possible would be worth a few hundred in my opinion even if no power gain.
Hol up. Wait a minute. Did you put the mic right on the SC? I want this sound coming from my car :_rock

Hol up. Wait a minute. Did you put the mic right on the SC? I want this sound coming from my car :_rock
underhood mike, having it inside its too quiet, and having it on the rear the exhaust is way too loud to capture any quality audio.

We just installed the s&b on our escalade v. I'm glad we did and def. some noise added and it's a quality piece, but nowhere near the night and day as my trx. Probably a good thing for my wife in the long run but I wouldn't have turned down more whistle:)
We are twins. I have a 5BW and a TRX too. I put an AFE on my TRX and it was an improvement on the SC whine. Would be nice for the blackwing to be a little louder.

We are twins. I have a 5BW and a TRX too. I put an AFE on my TRX and it was an improvement on the SC whine. Would be nice for the blackwing to be a little louder.
I'm sure the one that S&B designs is going to sound good.

K&N has one they've been working on, it was also at SEMA last year. However, at this moment I have lost contact with everyone there and it appears maybe testing has halted. I have a hunch K&N could not reliably produce more power (which they always want to show) using their intakes instead of the stock one.

I recall an interview with Mrza and another one of the V-Club TechTalks that the Caddy group was painstaking in their approach to Airbox and exhaust design.

I think, as the aftermarket is discovering, the stock Airbox is really, really good.

The fact that GM prioritized performance and driving enjoyment is why I love this car so much. My only nit-pick would be the investment to reduce "unwanted" noises without connecting the level of ANC to the drive modes or otherwise making it adjustable to driver preference. Sometimes I want all the intake, exhaust, and SC noise. Aftermarket intake and exhausts are nothing more than a pay-to-play for the privilege of more noise.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back