Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4V Engine Bay "Dress-Up" Challenge

jodakid69

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW
After more than 10 months of ownership, I finally pop the hood on my CT4V-BW and started to scope how to "dress-up" the engine bay. My inspiration was to add a "build" plague like those that some Chevy SS owners made in metal and and applied on top of the fuse box in the engine bay.

1688257877410.png

After scoping out the CT4V-BW engine bay for a few minutes I was really disappointed when I compared it to my M2 Comp or even the CT5V. I guess I expected more from a $80K vehicle.
So I am putting out a challenge. I have seen a CF engine and air filter covers:
1688258138198.png

But what about this crappy front piece which is real flimppy plastic:
1688258224226.jpeg

Or these side pieces:
1688258253607.jpeg

Even the black cross braces I think are really lame. The CT5V-BW has at least a hefty and nice looking cross member brace:
1688258430965.png

MY CHALLENGE:
1. I am off base in my expection for the engine bay, don't hold back and please let me know that I am wrong.
2. Can a vendor come up with a replacement for the front fan shroud? It would be great if the design could allow for a build plate, and or a really nice Cadillac V Logo.
I would prefer a non CF part just to keep costs down. Yes I know keep it light too.
3. A nice brace similar to that in the CT5V-BW
4. Replacement the two side plastic parts

Attachments

• 1688257770008.jpeg
    1688257770008.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 54
Funny you should mention that… I had one on my SS too. I modified the old design for use on my 5BW and sent it off to signs.com for production just yesterday.

Unless it's improving performance, I'm not sure I see the point. A functional intake (not the CEL machine from Tapout), nicer looking but functional cross brace, etc. all make sense to me.

Engine covers and plaques? How often to people open the hood and look at the engine? Genuine question, not trying to be a dick. Is it just for Cars and Coffee/shows?

Performance and aesthetic mods needn't be mutually exclusive. I have an appointment for adding PPF, ceramic coating, and window tinting in a few weeks. None of them will improve the car's performance, but they're still important to me. I for one enjoy a few trinkets and baubles that make the car uniquely mine. To each his own, right?

PPF, ceramic coating, and window tinting
I wouldn't classify those as "mods" in the traditional sense. They are all functional and useful for maintaining the longevity of your car.
Changing out a few plastic pieces you rarely see in your engine bay because you don't like the look of them is a whole other ballpark...

What, what do you mean by that exactly? Asking for a friend....... 😁
IMO the car and the engine bay speak for themselves. They don't need "dressing up" or a contrived plate explaining all the options, etc. It's just not needed. These are performance cars and don't require further explanation. It's like the people who put posters next to their stock, late model cars at a car show...they're just trying too hard. The car is what it is and doesn't need to be over-explained. IYKYK and all that.

IMO the car and the engine bay speak for themselves. They don't need "dressing up" or a contrived plate explaining all the options, etc. It's just not needed. These are performance cars and don't require further explanation. It's like the people who put posters next to their stock, late model cars at a car show...they're just trying too hard. The car is what it is and doesn't need to be over-explained. IYKYK and all that.
I only have one thing to say sir! 😁 Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_4921.jpg
IMG_0906.jpg

I read this and was like...shots fired!... at @Tall Steve . (I could just imagine @Throat Yogurt 😈 grinning as he typed this)

It's nice when we can have strong opinions... and recognize them for what they are (just opinions)... and still get along.

I read this and was like...shots fired!... at @Tall Steve . (I could just imagine @Throat Yogurt 😈 grinning as he typed this)

It's nice when we can have strong opinions... and recognize them for what they are (just opinions)... and still get along.
I have no ill will against old @Throat Yogurt and took it as all fun and games, lol...... He gets salty sometime, like me, but it all good! Oh, I did not take the bait!!!!!!
Eric Andre Burn GIF by Adult Swim

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners