Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4V BW lug nut torque

cnofar

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing, #46-207
Silly question but I could not find the answer in the owner's manual.

When I purchased my car it had silver lug nuts, now the dealer finally got me my black lug nuts to install (will look better with black wheels). I checked the owner's manual and it says "lug nut capacity 140 lb-ft". The owner's manual is not that helpful for this simple item.

I'm trying to figure out if 140 is the "max" torque, or the ideal torque...140lb-ft seems excessive. I've always done 90 lb-ft on my BMWs and Hondas. Anyone have the correct torque spec?

Regards,
Christopher

When I purchased my car it had silver lug nuts, now the dealer finally got me my black lug nuts to install (will look better with black wheels). I checked the owner's manual and it says "lug nut capacity 140 lb-ft". The owner's manual is not that helpful for this simple item.

I'm trying to figure out if 140 is the "max" torque, or the ideal torque...140lb-ft seems excessive. I've always done 90 lb-ft on my BMWs and Hondas. Anyone have the correct torque spec?

Regards,
Christopher
The CT5 states 140lb ft in the manual, which I agree, seems excessive. I had to buy a new torque stick for a rating that high.

Whatever the manual says is normally the spec. Previously most GMs were 100.
It's the wording of "maximum" in the manual that's weird. My Saabs get 110ft lbs. 140lbs sounds like a lot. Tires have a max inflation number too lol.

Regards,
Christopher
Actually, you did find the answer, straight from the source material. The issue is you either don’t like the answer or won’t accept it. Since the torque seems excessive to you, don’t do it.

Actually, you did find the answer, straight from the source material. The issue is you either don’t like the answer or won’t accept it. Since the torque seems excessive to you, don’t do it.
Again, it's the wording. Lug nut capacity. You don't air your tires to capacity do you? :p

Capacities and Specifications chart in the manual, it just says 140. There is no mention of "maximum" I can find in the manual anywhere. Where this is stated in the manual has always been the spec gone by in the past and accepted as the spec. Reading my manual pre-delivery, the 140 caught my eye as new.

Would be interesting to ask what the Spring Mountain cars are tq specc'd to.

Again, it's the wording. Lug nut capacity. You don't air your tires to capacity do you? :p
Well, whether it’s the wording or not, in your original post you said “I could not find the answer in the owner’s manual” when it’s actually exactly where you did find the answer…..just sayin’!!!!!

Just do the 140, simple. If memory serves me right, on the V3 it was 110 and I too was surprised at 140 but it's no big deal. I always go with what the manufacturer says (or I plus it up, like changing oil at the 1/2 interval.)

I say use a little Ugga Dugga! Like about three...

We always use 140 foot-pounds like the manual says. And I do the same on my G.M.C. truck as well. This is pretty standard for 14 mm. nuts.

I appreciate all the responses. I found "an answer" from the owner's manual but as I mentioned specifically it says "torque capacity" which is not how one would normally reference a torque spec. Ideal torque and max torque are different. I'm a mechanical engineer, so I understand this definition and I can "accept" answers.

Thanks again to all the positive comments. 140lb ft is fine, I just need a new toque wrench.

Does anyone have the part number for the black lug nuts for a CT4 BW?

I ordered what I thought was the right part (84639994), but apparently they don't fit lol. Stock is 22mm while these are 19mm and won't thread on. All the GM parts websites list this part number for the 4BW (for example GM Parts Direct: 2021-2022 Cadillac CT4 Wheel Lug Nuts, Black 84639994 | GMPartsDirect.com)

I ordered what I thought was the right part (84639994), but apparently they don't fit lol. Stock is 22mm while these are 19mm and won't thread on. All the GM parts websites list this part number for the 4BW (for example GM Parts Direct: 2021-2022 Cadillac CT4 Wheel Lug Nuts, Black 84639994 | GMPartsDirect.com)
These are what fit my 4BW... They came from the parts department at the dealer. Don't pay any attention to my sexy legs in the pic..

Attachments

• IMG_5323.jpg
    IMG_5323.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 179

Also McGard makes a black spline, locking lug nut set that fits the 4BW:

It's what I have on my car
IMG_1014.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!