Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4V BW A10 shifting behavior Q

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
Are any of you with 4BWs and the A10 seeing that when sending the car full send the trans is not shifting until almost redline? I’ve had two A10 cars now (Camaro SS and CT5V) and the trans was very quick to uphift.

On my BW it’s pulling insanely hard almost until redline before shifting while throttle mashed to the point where I almost want to shift it myself out of fear of fuckin up the trans. My ATS V w the A8 didn’t do this nor did my Camaro SS w the A10. It fired off upshifts super fast. This car seems hesitant as all hell to shift on its own under full throttle and I’m not sure if that’s the norm w this car or my trans is goofy.

Feedback appreciated

Are any of you with 4BWs and the A10 seeing that when sending the car full send the trans is not shifting until almost redline? I’ve had two A10 cars now (Camaro SS and CT5V) and the trans was very quick to uphift.

On my BW it’s pulling insanely hard almost until redline before shifting while throttle mashed to the point where I almost want to shift it myself out of fear of fuckin up the trans. My ATS V w the A8 didn’t do this nor did my Camaro SS w the A10. It fired off upshifts super fast. This car seems hesitant as all hell to shift on its own under full throttle and I’m not sure if that’s the norm w this car or my trans is goofy.

Feedback appreciated
Mine does the same thing and I end up using the paddles.

Mine does the same thing and I end up using the paddles.
It’s kinda odd compared to how the A10 is tuned in other cars I’ve had.

I thought I was gonna blow up the trans today a few times. It’s like a game of “chicken” with the trans. Scares you into using the paddles

It’s kinda odd compared to how the A10 is tuned in other cars I’ve had.

I thought I was gonna blow up the trans today a few times. It’s like a game of “chicken” with the trans. Scares you into using the paddles
I have not noticed mine doing that but I hate the paddle shifters because I always end up bouncing it off the limiter.. Mine shifts like butter!

I'm assuming that is the different behavior of the 'Performance Shift' throttle response in Sport/Track mode. If you nail it the car will adjust accordingly and provide an even sportier shift profile... which I am guessing means redline here we come!

I have not noticed mine doing that but I hate the paddle shifters because I always end up bouncing it off the limiter.. Mine shifts like butter!
This is a post about how it’s not shifting like butter tho lol 😂. So you noticed what behavior? Your reply is a bit confusing. I don’t like using the paddles either but leaving it in auto almost feels like rolling the dice w this car. My Camaro SS w the A10 would upshift like crazy and crazy fast. It never held gear until almost redline to the point where you got worried.

I'm assuming that is the different behavior of the 'Performance Shift' throttle response in Sport/Track mode. If you nail it the car will adjust accordingly and provide an even sportier shift profile... which I am guessing means redline here we come!
Same behavior in all modes when throttle is down

Are any of you with 4BWs and the A10 seeing that when sending the car full send the trans is not shifting until almost redline?

Seems like wringing it all the way out is kind of implicit in doing a "full send".

it’s pulling insanely hard almost until redline before shifting

That would be the "full" part of the "send".

Feedback appreciated
I have an M6 in my 4BW but I am familiar with the A10 from my ZL1. In 1st and 2nd it was programmed to shift a little early, between 5-6k RPM and then it would shift 3-4-5-6 at redline. I believe they tuned it this way for the best acceleration.

It sounds like your 4BW pulls all the way to redline in every gear before it will shift? I mean as long as it shifts and you are not bouncing off the limiter then I would not be concerned. I would assume the 5BW is programmed to shift more like the ZL1. Maybe the LF4/A10 combo is tuned a bit different. The A10 trans is pretty stout and can handle more power than the LF4 has to offer so I would not be concerned.

This is a post about how it’s not shifting like butter tho lol 😂. So you noticed what behavior? Your reply is a bit confusing. I don’t like using the paddles either but leaving it in auto almost feels like rolling the dice w this car. My Camaro SS w the A10 would upshift like crazy and crazy fast. It never held gear until almost redline to the point where you got worried.
Oh, I'm sorry....My 4BW shift perfect, but as far as it going to red line I have not noticed it getting to redline... I guess all I can confirm is mine shift normal to "me"... I never worry about it not shifting....

Oh, I'm sorry....My 4BW shift perfect, but as far as it going to red line I have not noticed it getting to redline... I guess all I can confirm is mine shift normal to "me"... I never worry about it not shifting....
Hahaha fair enough

I have an M6 in my 4BW but I am familiar with the A10 from my ZL1. In 1st and 2nd it was programmed to shift a little early, between 5-6k RPM and then it would shift 3-4-5-6 at redline. I believe they tuned it this way for the best acceleration.

It sounds like your 4BW pulls all the way to redline in every gear before it will shift? I mean as long as it shifts and you are not bouncing off the limiter then I would not be concerned. I would assume the 5BW is programmed to shift more like the ZL1. Maybe the LF4/A10 combo is tuned a bit different. The A10 trans is pretty stout and can handle more power than the LF4 has to offer so I would not be concerned.
It’s shifts much different than my A10 Camaro SS and my CT5V A10 did. It’s odd.

And I know what you mean about the A10 shift behavior in the Camaros even tho the SS and the ZL1 have different A10’s. Those first few gears it whips out super fast w the upshifts on those cars. This thing seems to hold every gear. Makes me kinda nervous when I’m pushing 75-80 and it’s still holding onto third for dear like in this 4BW 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

And I know what you mean about the A10 shift behavior in the Camaros even tho the SS and the ZL1 have different A10’s. Those first few gears it whips out super fast w the upshifts on those cars. This thing seems to hold every gear. Makes me kinda nervous when I’m pushing 75-80 and it’s still holding onto third for dear like in this 4BW 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
Have you signed up for V-Academy yet?
That will definitely let you see how the autobox reacts at some speed, in a controlled environment.

I wouldn't worry about it. The 10L80 transmission should be good for like 590lb ft of torque.

Have you signed up for V-Academy yet?
That will definitely let you see how the autobox reacts at some speed, in a controlled environment.
Nah don’t have time for it unfortunately. Wish I could tho

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners