Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct4v blackwing or ct5v

scoobs00

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW
So similar in price and with the ct5v having a larger back seat to accommodate 2 carseats.
And both are v6tt.

What's the big differences?
Going rwd automatic for both

While both are v6tt the ct4 BW is a bigger more powerful v6tt.. By over 100hp vs the ct5v

I’d personally do the m340i over the ct5 v. But I’d do the 4BW over either :)

Completely different cars. The 4BW is superior in nearly every way by comparison to a 5V. The only upper hand in the 5V is space and ride quality. The 4BW rides very good in tour and if you're used to higher performance vehicles you'll appreciate driving it more. I can say it's gonna be tighter back there with the car seats. If you and your passenger are over 6 ft and they are both rear facing you might be cramped.

Just remember rear facing is about 2 to 3 years tops. Then FF you'll have no issue. I have a 5BW with two seats and I have no issues.

Search the forums as they're may be photos of seats in both. There is another thread somewhere.

Before I get flamed, I'd like to specifically add that the 5V in rwd got pretty high reviews from Johnny Leberman, the AWD not so much (the smoking tire. Matt Farah said in a podcast the 5v AWD was the worst car he drove in 2022).

The 5V is no slouch but it provides a much more isolated driving experience, think if it as a late model 3 series or Audi. If you look at the performance numbers they aren't even close. The 4BW is better than an M3 because it provides way more of connected driving experience. If James Bond was American, he would drive a BW.

Last edited:
Blackwing

The CT5-V is a great car but it cant compare in performance to the 4BW. I owned a 2020 CT5-V and traded it in for a 4BW, so IMHO it all depends on what you are really looking for in a car.
IMG_2365.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 196
Apples and steaks
Are you more concerned with space or performance?

The CT5 V is great car, but it really isn't in the same class as the CT4V BW. The CT5 platform is a more a mid/full-size touring car, made for four full-size adults in comfort over long distances. The CT5 V is a very sporty touring car, in the same category as the Stinger GT , Porche Panamera A/S5 sized vehicles. Its low and long with decent power. Think autobahn cruiser not track carver.

The CT4V BW is more of a sports car with 4 doors. It's really more akin to a Mustang/Camaro/Supra/ RS3 both in size, and intent. Compared to the CT5V the BW has over a 100 more horsepower, is a hundred pounds lighter and really is more suited to the twisties with two than trips with four.

I test-drove the CT5V before buying the BW and it definitely helped solidify my decision to get a CT4BW instead of a 5.

So I have a 4BW currently. Been a year. Having another kid now and the concern is 2 car seats. So my wife "jokingly" goes time to sell the Corvette for a family car cause I won't be able to get 2 car seats in the 4BW.

Got me thinking will I actually be able to. No matter how much I love the 4BW my C5 has my heart. The 4BW is a perfect car but she has me concerned. The way it handles and still maintains full drivability on Northeast roads is a thing of beauty.

Ordered a new car seat for the one on the way and will test fit it soon! I really want to keep both cars as is.

On depreciation hit I could buy a civic for the rare time of needing to drive both LOL

A CT5 -V is a Cadillac. A CT4-V BW is a Blackwing! It’s more than simply space vs performance… it’s the overall experience. 😃

The CT5-V is a great car but it cant compare in performance to the 4BW. I owned a 2020 CT5-V and traded it in for a 4BW, so IMHO it all depends on what you are really looking for in a car.View attachment 18818
Although I really wish I could’ve transferred Royal Spice Metallic on my 5V over to my 4BW. Was such a great color

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back