Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V no launch control?

Crossbow

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been touched on already, but I couldn't find it on another discussion of a non-BW. My '23 CT4-V (non-BW) is supposed to have LC according to the VIN. I passed the 1,500 mile mark (break in) last night and I can't find the LC option anywhere on the dash. I've tried sport, track, v-mode in both race 1 and 2, but I cannot find the option available. The v performance dash page only has lap time, 0-60 time (changeable to 0-100, 0-100-0, 1/4 mi, etc) and the G-sensor but I can't find LC. Where is this option supposed to show? Or how do I make it available?

If you just want LC, you should be able to follow the directions on page 265-266 in the Owner's Manual. If you're wanting to customize the LC settings, see Page 222 in the Owner's Manual.

If you just want LC, you should be able to follow the directions on page 265-266 in the Owner's Manual. If you're wanting to customize the LC settings, see Page 222 in the Owner's Manual.
Thanks, tried it again today (only my instructions are on page 300. Still nothing showing after entering competitive driving mode and PTM. Maybe I was lied to and the VIN is showing an RPO that another option overrides?

Attachments

• 20230403_154640.jpg
    20230403_154640.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
  • 20230403_154644.jpg
    20230403_154644.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • 20230403_154648.jpg
    20230403_154648.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • 20230403_154649.jpg
    20230403_154649.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • 20230403_154745.jpg
    20230403_154745.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 117
Nothing will show up specific for setting or enabling Launch Control.

Once you're in Competitive Driving or a PTM mode, you push the brake pedal as hard as you can, floor the throttle, wait for the RPMs to level off, then release the brake pedal.

I found a video of someone doing it in a CT5-V. I imagine it is similar to the CT4-V.

Once you're in Competitive Driving or a PTM mode, you push the brake pedal as hard as you can, floor the throttle, wait for the RPMs to level off, then release the brake pedal.

I found a video of someone doing it in a CT5-V. I imagine it is similar to the CT4-V.

Well then, it looks like I have nothing to worry about, haha. I've "kind of" tried that, but didn't want to hurt anything. I thought you could customize the settings, and was expecting something 'on-screen'. Maybe that's the option that my car doesn't have that I thought I did? If that's all it is, then thank you! I'll see where that gets me and try to have some fun with it.

Cheers!

And by "brake pedal" you mean "clutch pedal" of course, for those of us with manual transmissions. :)

Well then, it looks like I have nothing to worry about, haha. I've "kind of" tried that, but didn't want to hurt anything. I thought you could customize the settings, and was expecting something 'on-screen'. Maybe that's the option that my car doesn't have that I thought I did? If that's all it is, then thank you! I'll see where that gets me and try to have some fun with it.

Cheers!
I made a YouTube video from my car just now. If you want to customize launch control, you need to get into a PTM mode, go the Performance tab and scroll down to Launch Control. You'll see in my video that it initially shows unavailable, but once I put the car in gear, it becomes available and the ability to set the options becomes available. My understanding is the only item in the options you'd be missing is line lock.

I made a YouTube video from my car just now. If you want to customize launch control, you need to get into a PTM mode, go the Performance tab and scroll down to Launch Control. You'll see in my video that it initially shows unavailable, but once I put the car in gear, it becomes available and the ability to set the options becomes available. My understanding is the only item in the options you'd be missing is line lock.

That's what I was trying to find before, I don't have that option under the performance tab...

So this is what mine does when I try activating launch control... it goes just above 3k.

Attachments

• 20230404_154822.mp4
    22.3 MB
So this is what mine does when I try activating launch control... it goes just above 3k.
Will it launch if you maintain full throttle and release the brake?

I think the different PTM modes might alter the RPM, with Wet being the lowest and Race 2 being the highest. That might be the extent of what you can control.

Will it launch if you maintain full throttle and release the brake?

I think the different PTM modes might alter the RPM, with Wet being the lowest and Race 2 being the highest. That might be the extent of what you can control.
It does somewhat, seems like it bogs down a bit, and not much different than doing it in any other car the same way... I'll try the different modes and see if that changes the RPM. The manual says Race 2 is the most consistent, maybe it's also the highest RPM as well. Thanks for the help.

It does somewhat, seems like it bogs down a bit, and not much different than doing it in any other car the same way... I'll try the different modes and see if that changes the RPM. The manual says Race 2 is the most consistent, maybe it's also the highest RPM as well. Thanks for the help.
Tried after work today, all modes hold at 3k.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back