Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 V Blackwing vs CT4 V appearance

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
bettercapture.PNG
config bronze caliper.png

Since there still is no configurator available, I put my horrible photoshop skills to use again to try to get a better idea of how my configuration of the Blackwing looks compared to a similar color CT4 V, gotta say I really love how aggressive the Blackwing looks in comparison (gives me similar vibe to going 1LE on a Camaro), although I hope I made the right choice with the bronze calipers. I posted the other caliper options below, thoughts?

config red caliper.png
config blue caliper.png
config grey caliper.png

Last edited:
Depends on your interior color, if all black then I think any color works. Just preference at that point. If interior is tan I would stay with bronze and not do any other color. If inside has the reds, then bronze or red calipers. Just my opinion

Nicely done. I have to say that I really wish that they would have done something with the hood.

Depends on your interior color, if all black then I think any color works. Just preference at that point. If interior is tan I would stay with bronze and not do any other color. If inside has the reds, then bronze or red calipers. Just my opinion
i'm going the black interior, so I think I will be sticking with the bronze. I always wanted bronze calipers, but bronze on black I was afraid would look tacky, I think it will be fine though!

Nicely done. I have to say that I really wish that they would have done something with the hood.
Exactly my biggest complain with the design. Would have loved a hood scoop similar or even fake vents like SS sedan.

I’m glad that I’m not the only one regarding the hood.

Not long ago I was listening to a conversation with Brandon Vivian and he stated that the reason the hood is the way it is because of aero and cooling and does not need vents... I would rather have performance verses looks, but that's just me....

Steve, thanks for that information. I agree with the performance vs looks. I was hoping that it wasn’t a cost cutting measure. I think that most of us were hoping for a hood that further set the Blackwings apart from their siblings.

Steve, thanks for that information. I agree with the performance vs looks. I was hoping that it wasn’t a cost cutting measure. I think that most of us were hoping for a hood that further set the Blackwings apart from their siblings.
I like that they are going to look "similar" because I can sneak up on a few guys and embarrass them... I use to do that all the time in my SS... The look on their face when the second set of doors pass them, lol.... The thing that will give me away is my license plate....The top is on my CT5-V now and the bottom will go on the BW..

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 139
Performance is definitely number 1 for me, I wouldn't want weird bumps on the hood like the new M4 has that aren't functional. All the vents and such on the front seem to be real except those little vents to the outside of the wheel, I guess it's impossible to get a performance car with at least one fake vent, though I hope they do at least serve some aero function!

Performance is definitely number 1 for me, I wouldn't want weird bumps on the hood like the new M4 has that aren't functional. All the vents and such on the front seem to be real except those little vents to the outside of the wheel, I guess it's impossible to get a performance car with at least one fake vent, though I hope they do at least serve some aero function!
I was hoping that the fender vents were functional. Like my thoughts on the hood, heat is our enemy and needs to be vented from the engine compartment. Additionally, the fender vent inserts should have been made available in carbon fiber on the 2nd carbon fiber option kit.

The ones behind the wheel definitely are, I do remember hearing that confirmed in an interview, but I'm not so certain about the ridges right on the outer part of the vertical lights, though I'm really not certain.
received_551557229094913.jpg

yeah, I like how it looks, like and aerodynamic channel, but I don't think it's really open, would make me so happy if it was though!
With diverters / ducting directly to the rotors!

I believe on the press releases and Vids they said all are functional nothing was just put in for cosmetic reasons.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back