Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing vs. BMW M3 / M4 Gran Coupe

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
Am I crazy for choosing a well optioned CT4-V Blackwing over a BMW M3 / M4 Gran Coupe?

Nope not at all :)

Should we take a vote??? 🤣

CT4-V BW
1615584097090.png

M3
1615583977826.png

(Sorry, BMW made that one just a little too easy!)

I went to the premiere of the m3/m4 at my local dealer yesterday and I have to say I really liked them, even with the grille. That being said, the Blackwings seem like much better deals, and will be much more unique on the road. The paint on the BMWs were amazing though.

You’re not helping. 😉😂
LOL, I don't know if you have driven a current CT4-V but they are a great car to drive! I was given one as a loaner while my CT5-V was in for service and I drove the hell out of that thing in traffic and loved it! It was a big decision for me to go CT5 BW verses the CT4 BW..I think you have made a wise choice! I was very close to getting my wife a CT4 BW but she did not want to spend the money....

Brooklyn grey for me, really sharp. For an m4 optioned the way I'd want, it would still run me more than 10k over what I'm getting for the blackwing. I just hope in person I like how the blackwing looks, the ct4 and ct4-v don't spark much for me when I saw and sat in them (the same could be said for the non m4 4 series).

Some members from the National Cadillac V-Club saw both BW at Daytona and said they looked awesome in person. One said he was not interested in purchasing one until he saw it in person and tried to get a reservation but failed.. I don't know about you guys but I'm very excited about getting mine!

Some members from the National Cadillac V-Club saw both BW at Daytona and said they looked awesome in person. One said he was not interested in purchasing one until he saw it in person and tried to get a reservation but failed.. I don't know about you guys but I'm very excited about getting mine!
I'm definitely excited, I was vaguely following the news about the Blackwings and never seriously considered them, but after watching almost the entirety of 24 hours at Daytona, and seeing that announcement and the pricing, I quickly put down a deposit. I drive a Golf GTI right now, and never imagined that my next car would be a Cadillac! The community seems really chill which makes me happy too, everyone here made it much easier for me to decide on my options and get my order squared away with the dealer.

I'm definitely excited, I was vaguely following the news about the Blackwings and never seriously considered them, but after watching almost the entirety of 24 hours at Daytona, and seeing that announcement and the pricing, I quickly put down a deposit. I drive a Golf GTI right now, and never imagined that my next car would be a Cadillac! The community seems really chill which makes me happy too, everyone here made it much easier for me to decide on my options and get my order squared away with the dealer.
Cadillac groups are IMHO way better than a lot of the "other" car groups.....I'm still a member of several SS groups and they are filled with a bunch a-holes, can I say that here, lol? Oh, and I never fit in with the Corvette groups, lol......

that M3 front end is terrible! I'd buy the CT4-V BW over that car any day of the week....and the maintenance will be half the price of the BMW...It cost me $1100 for a water pump on my E92 335...never again buying a BMW even if it was very nice to drive.

I just made some inquiries. $10k ADM. \ I made the right choice.

I just made some inquiries. $10k ADM. \ I made the right choice.
Damn! ...I remember when the Hellcats first came out and a dealer here in SD was asking a $55,000 ADM...that made a $125,000 Challenger Hellcat hahahahahaha Oh Hell No!!!

Interesting thread. While I try to bleed bowtie red - I've always been a Corvette enthusiast, and my weekend toy is a '90 ZR-1, but I've always admired Cadillac, and obviously the V-series Cadillacs.

With that said, I'm also a BMW enthusiast, particularly the M-line. I'm on my 3td BMW as a daily driver and I've always loved them for their driving prowess, stying an ergonomics.

Unfortunately, due to budget and parking/garage space, I've never been able to step up to a V-series or M-car. Reason being, the Corvette occupies my single stall garage and whatever I use as a daily driver needs to have AWD as I live in the frozen Tundra of southern NH. 😓

BMW is finally offering AWD on the new M3/M4, but I just can't get past the Miss Piggy front grill. BMW has totally lost me as a potential M customer with the exception of the M2.

In the next year or two, I may be looking at adding an additional toy to my stable. The latest M2 CS is at the top of my list, but this new Blackwing line is really awesome and hard to deny.

The only thing that holds me back on them is their overall size. I love smaller, nimble cars. Back seats are useless to me and collect dust. I never have a need for them, and when it comes to a toy, I could care less about cargo space. I can live out of a paper bag if necessary. 😂

With all of that said, this new Blackwing has definitely peaked my interest and I'm really psyched to see the reviews coming in from members here when they finally start taking delivery.

I second that about the M2, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the newer ones will be like. My money is still on the Blackwing though, literally!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
That’s why the M2 Gran Coupe would be so compelling should they decide to make it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back