Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ct4 v blackwing upgraded rotors

Thanks for getting involved in this. Is Giro proposing replacement rings to fit our factory Brembo hats or complete new rotor/hat assemblies?

Thanks for getting involved in this. Is Giro proposing replacement rings to fit our factory Brembo hats or complete new rotor/hat assemblies?
This project is for a complete replacement ( hats + rings).
Clearly after you own the hats , you can purchase new rings.
At this point, no option to use OE hat with their rings ( like you can do with C7 / Gen 6)

This project is for a complete replacement ( hats + rings).
Clearly after you own the hats , you can purchase new rings.
At this point, no option to use OE hat with their rings ( like you can do with C7 / Gen 6)
Awesome. I think last time these were discussed (potentially for a group buy) pricing was higher than the OE rotors. Be interesting to see what they come in at and obviously the hat/ring system is probably better for the longer term, though admittedly I've never used them.

Updated: KNS brakes confirmed that some other companies are also close to being able to deliver rotors, in addition to Girodisc.

Last edited:
Anybody have experience going from an OEM Brembo rotor to an aftermarket Girodisc or DBA? Just curious when these start becoming available for our BWs, are the aftermarket ones more durable? If they cost more can we at least expect a longer life? How much?

Sadly, the testing with Girodisc is delayed. I experienced vibration in the front with the prototype. The issue is being investigated.

Any updates on this ? I am selling my G80 M3 to buy a CT4BW. I go to the track at least 10 times per season.

I found the part numbers for Ferodo DS3.12 pads if anybody is interested.

Front: FRP3133G
Rear: FRP3137G

Any updates on this ? I am selling my G80 M3 to buy a CT4BW. I go to the track at least 10 times per season.

no updates on rotors that I'm aware of...ive been looking

Girodisc is working with an additional tester to resolve the issues we were facing.
In the meantime, I've purchased OE rotors from Rockauto. Original OE GM number was changed.
New numbers are:
Paid $1115 delivered + tax

The rears aren't correct. We have the same fronts as the Camaro SS but not the rear. Mbar mentioned he thought it was the zl1 rear brake.

The rears aren't correct. We have the same fronts as the Camaro SS but not the rear. Mbar mentioned he thought it was the zl1 rear brake.

I thaught it was the 1718 Pad shape, your saying its something else ?
1687455920976.png

Also, help me out here. Our fronts are Brembo 380x34mm 10 post. Aren't the GiroDisc GD380.34.62BR direct replacements?

Also, help me out here. Our fronts are Brembo 380x34mm 10 post. Aren't the GiroDisc GD380.34.62BR direct replacements?

We need to figure all these things out, these cars deserve being used in the way they were designed !

I asked Coby at KNSBrakes about that exact Giro part num. He claimed it will not fit our Brembo hats. Unfortunately he gave no details as to why.

@strohw So this would be the ZL1 1LE pad, only difference seems to me thickness, shaving 1mm isn't the end of the world but there are good chances they fit straight up. I saw your post where you tried the other shape (ss 1le was it?) And they were going over the edge and missing on the inside.

Last edited:
@strohw So this would be the ZL1 1LE pad, only difference seems to me thickness, shaving 1mm isn't the end of the world but there are good chances they fit straight up. I saw your post where you tried the other shape (ss 1le was it?) And they were going over the edge and missing on the inside.

Ok. I'm probably going to run the stock rear pads until they die and make a decision then.

Here are the ones I just had installed. My First track day is on Monday July 3rd. We will see. The rears are slightly smaller that the stock OEM pads, but the tech did not mention an issue.

DP81853.15SR11EBC SR11 Race Pads
2019 Cadillac ATS-V All Models - Front
DP83023.15SR11EBC SR11 Race Pads
MPN: DP83023.15SR11

UPDATE: First track day using these pads.

My report is that I see improvement with stopping power once you are up to temperature at the Track. I did an unscientific test by reviewing PDR recordings on the same track with the stock pads and then with the EBC pads. I max speed to the NJMP start-finish tower is 133MPH at which point I go on full brakes. The EBC pads seem to perform about the same from 135 down to 110MPH - Marker 3, but then improve between 110 and 95 @ Marker 2. That was my impression at the track that the stopping grip increased with the new EBC pads. With the stock pads, stopping was either linear or with a slight fade. For now, I will keep braking at the tower and enjoy the better safety margin.

Stock Pads @ the 2 Marker:
1688488341790.png

EBC Pads @ the 2 Marker:
1688488364356.png

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC