Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ct4 v blackwing upgraded rotors

TRTL PWR

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
Is there any upgraded rotors available now or being developed for release soon? I believe our rotors are a bit bigger than what the ats v has...

What makes you think a bigger rotor is needed?

you might try M2 rotors? The rear rotors of the M2 competition should fit the front of the 4BW (380 x 28 MM) .. the 4BW fronts are roughly 380 x 34 MM .. not sure where you'd find different rears though roughly 340 x 28 MM.

Sorry to hear about the warped rotor. I will not get into a discussion wether warped rotor is a ‘real’ thing, but these rotors are thick enough that you can get them resurfaced and remove any pad deposits/uneven wear.
As for alternatives- check if Girodisc has 380X34 rings. You might be able to fit them to your OE hats. Also, Brembo GT has a standard size of 380x34, but those rings will cost you an arm and a leg.

Sorry to hear about the warped rotor. I will not get into a discussion wether warped rotor is a ‘real’ thing, but these rotors are thick enough that you can get them resurfaced and remove any pad deposits/uneven wear.
As for alternatives- check if Girodisc has 380X34 rings. You might be able to fit them to your OE hats. Also, Brembo GT has a standard size of 380x34, but those rings will cost you an arm and a leg.
Yeah i agree. i think its deposits but of course with a lot of shudder the dealer looked at it and said they were warped and i needed new rotors. Then they handed me an estimate of $2500 and I was like fuck that. could I get an aggressive track pad and wear them back to smooth possibly? I'll check with Girodisc. thanks for suggestions!

Yeah i agree. i think its deposits but of course with a lot of shudder the dealer looked at it and said they were warped and i needed new rotors. Then they handed me an estimate of $2500 and I was like fuck that. could I get an aggressive track pad and wear them back to smooth possibly? I'll check with Girodisc. thanks for suggestions!
Find another dealer, I've seen a couple have warranty cover new rotors.

What track/how much track time are we talking? Drag or road course? Kind of disconcerting that a brand new performance car would see warped rotors so quickly.

What track/how much track time are we talking? Drag or road course? Kind of disconcerting that a brand new performance car would see warped rotors so quickly.
Rotors are likely not warped , just have uneven deposit. That can happen from:
1. Not bedding the pads properly.
2. Pressing the brakes for a while after your session / engaging the parking brake.
3. Using too much ABS , which creates a pulsing action on the rotors.
4. Not allowing a proper cooldown lap after each session.
5. I’m sure there are more reasons besides bad engineering / not adequate hardware.

Rotors are likely not warped , just have uneven deposit. That can happen from:
1. Not bedding the pads properly.
2. Pressing the brakes for a while after your session / engaging the parking brake.
3. Using too much ABS , which creates a pulsing action on the rotors.
4. Not allowing a proper cooldown lap after each session.
5. I’m sure there are more reasons besides bad engineering / not adequate hardware.
Thanks for the detailed reply, it actually brings up another question I had:

My 2015 Chevrolet SS also has an electronic parking switch. After track sessions I use wheel chocks, put it in gear, and leave the doors unlocked so that the parking brake doesn't automatically engage. Is it the same procedure for the Blackwings i.e. e-brake doesn't automatically set when you open the door?

Interesting topic. On my 2020 ZL1 the front rotors were warped at 2,000 miles. Car was never tracked. GM covered the warranty replacement as the rotors could not be turned down. I think the paperwork showed they cost $550 each.
It was the first time I had rotors replaced under warranty since buying my first new car over 50 years ago.

Interesting topic. On my 2020 ZL1 the front rotors were warped at 2,000 miles. Car was never tracked. GM covered the warranty replacement as the rotors could not be turned down. I think the paperwork showed they cost $550 each.
It was the first time I had rotors replaced under warranty since buying my first new car over 50 years ago.
They had rotors back then?

kidding

My kids refer to it as the good old days..

Thanks for the detailed reply, it actually brings up another question I had:

My 2015 Chevrolet SS also has an electronic parking switch. After track sessions I use wheel chocks, put it in gear, and leave the doors unlocked so that the parking brake doesn't automatically engage. Is it the same procedure for the Blackwings i.e. e-brake doesn't automatically set when you open the door?
I had an SS as well, and knew it would set the brake on it's own, but couldn't remember the exact criteria for it. I asked in another thread, and apparently the BW will never set the brake automatically. Random fact...did you know the SS has 3 positions for the parking brake? Off, on (light), on (firm).

I had an SS as well, and knew it would set the brake on it's own, but couldn't remember the exact criteria for it. I asked in another thread, and apparently the BW will never set the brake automatically. Random fact...did you know the SS has 3 positions for the parking brake? Off, on (light), on (firm).
I use the emergency brake even with auto and I always double pulled it on my SS...

I’m of the school to just try some aggressive pads on the street. I was going to suggest reaching out to Essex Parts to see if there some AP Racing rotor options but if you call Ken he should know.

yeah they are not warped but bad pad deposits. I had dealer in Austin check it out as they said their techs working on blackwings and Vs all track their cars so I thought I could trust them...they charged me over $350 for inspection and quoted me $2500 on the replacement. I won't be going back to them.
Happened on my second session at COTA. I won't be using stock pads or tires again at COTA.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back