Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing on E30 = 546 whp

Copper plugs will need to be changed much more frequently, the OEM iridium plugs will last much longer, but they may not be the best heat range for higher boost levels. The trick is to find one step colder iridum plugs, been looking myself, but not found anything yet.
All true. But after the first spark plug change, it's not that difficult. Our approach is to use the best performing spark plugs, and just plan on replacing them periodically as normal maintenance.

This sounds like so much fun, but highly modifying another car just scares the crap out of me... I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again...
This is barely modifying anything. Some filters, spark plugs, a throttle body and tune. I think 480-530whp / 500lb-ft would be the sweet spot for this car.

This is barely modifying anything. Some filters, spark plugs, a throttle body and tune. I think 480-530whp / 500lb-ft would be the sweet spot for this car.
I get it, but I like my warranty to much..... Nothing against @WONT TAP and if I were to do it I would ship my car to them in a heartbeat... I'm just a 🐈

I agree. I really like the way it runs now. Its a blast to drive without much investment required honestly.

Question for the thread: I plan to keep my Caddy stock due to warranty concerns but I like the idea of some cooling benefits of E30 over 93, living in Florida. Also, there are reports some butt dyno improvements on E30 over 93.
Questions:
1) Looks like there are no risks to the stock fuel running E30. Is this correct?
2) Anyone have any comments on engine temps with E30 vs 93?
3) Anyone running E30 completely stock with an opinion on engine response? @WONT TAP comments that there is still power to gain on 93 gas so fuel source does not seem to the limit at stock boost/tune.

Or, is this completely silly and on a stock tune with stock components, just run 93 and forget the hassle?

I can’t speak to the 4VBW, but I would assume it’s like the V2 ATS/CTS and that the stock system (injectors, etc) aren’t built to handle more than 10% ethanol and running E30 will deteriorate those parts and lead to a voided warranty.

Question for the thread: I plan to keep my Caddy stock due to warranty concerns but I like the idea of some cooling benefits of E30 over 93, living in Florida. Also, there are reports some butt dyno improvements on E30 over 93.
Questions:
1) Looks like there are no risks to the stock fuel running E30. Is this correct?
2) Anyone have any comments on engine temps with E30 vs 93?
3) Anyone running E30 completely stock with an opinion on engine response? @WONT TAP comments that there is still power to gain on 93 gas so fuel source does not seem to the limit at stock boost/tune.

Or, is this completely silly and on a stock tune with stock components, just run 93 and forget the hassle?
The factory fuel system wasn't designed for ethanol, so there could potentially be long-term side effects to the fuel injectors. That said, we haven't experienced any side effects from running mild ethanol blends in the last few years of doing these mods on hundreds of ATS-Vs with nearly identical fuel systems.

On higher ethanol blends, there is a very real risk of a fuel injector sticking open. We typically recommended preventing this by recommending that a tank of pump gas be run through the system periodically. There are also additives you can add to each fuel tank when running E85.

For ATS-Vs, customers need LPFP, fuel cam, HPFP internals, alcohol content sensor and wideband in order to safely run ethanol fuel blends. However, the CT4-V Blackwings are much improved, and can safely run E30 or E45 with just a fuel cam. In fact, we remote tuned one last week on E45 and the data scans look very solid.

Tapout Fuel Cam - Tapout Tuning

You can even run E30 on a completely stock CT4-V Blackwing, as long as you don't crank up the boost too high. But we would recommend the fuel cam anyways, to help provide a little extra padding.

The factory fuel system wasn't designed for ethanol, so there could potentially be long-term side effects to the fuel injectors. That said, we haven't experienced any side effects from running mild ethanol blends in the last few years of doing these mods on hundreds of ATS-Vs with nearly identical fuel systems.

On higher ethanol blends, there is a very real risk of a fuel injector sticking open. We typically recommended preventing this by recommending that a tank of pump gas be run through the system periodically. There are also additives you can add to each fuel tank when running E85.

For ATS-Vs, customers need LPFP, fuel cam, HPFP internals, alcohol content sensor and wideband in order to safely run ethanol fuel blends. However, the CT4-V Blackwings are much improved, and can safely run E30 or E45 with just a fuel cam. In fact, we remote tuned one last week on E45 and the data scans look very solid.

Tapout Fuel Cam - Tapout Tuning

You can even run E30 on a completely stock CT4-V Blackwing, as long as you don't crank up the boost too high. But we would recommend the fuel cam anyways, to help provide a little extra padding.
The E45 hits hard! Since I don't have E here, I bought 5 cans and filled them up in Dallas lol. Remote tuning was a really good experience. Looking forward to my next trip to Ohio to get Brown Belt!

This sounds like a stupid question, but given variability with E85 blends in my area, how do we achieve 30% in our cars with a flexfuel sensor?

Just drop 3 gallons of E85 and hope it hits E30 +/- 5%?

This sounds like a stupid question, but given variability with E85 blends in my area, how do we achieve 30% in our cars with a flexfuel sensor?

Just drop 3 gallons of E85 and hope it hits E30 +/- 5%

The tune will have a range that it will cover. Minimum blend at a E85 pump should be 50. So if you always fill 2.5 gas to 1 E, for example, then you would have a E range of 21% to 31% regardless. Even if the pump had e90 in it it would only be 33%.

Last edited:

Just drop 3 gallons of E85 and hope it hits E30 +/- 5%?
If your map is specifically targeting a certain E mix, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Grab an ethanol test kit. Once you get the percentage from the test kit, you can use an E85 calc (there are plenty online or even apps) and plug in your numbers and wallah. To take the guesswork out, I use a graphing calculator and use matrix reduced row echelon form to solve the systems of equations to get the exact amount of 93 and E85 to mix to get whatever desired E mix I was looking for.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back